Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.610

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Courier And Mini-Map Mods Updated to 1.610

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

I have re-uploaded this mod as 1 single file.
1. It changes the Gettysburg mini-maps from the 1858 maps to the 1868? Warren Map.
2. It also adds many more locations for use with the courier system.
3. In addition new courier commands have been added and the existing orders have been re-ordered for easier use.
4. The mini-map can be accessed while in the courier screen. This makes it easier for writing orders.
5. The game pauses while the mini-map is displayed.
6. Place names added to the new G'burg map.
7. New division and corps formations added.
8. Antietam and Pipe Creek mini-maps replaced with ones that are more useful for courier play.
9. Antietam and Pipe Creek maps road networks fixed.
10. All mini-maps have been enlarged by 50%. You must run the game with a vertical resolution of at least 1024, (selected on the Options page of the game). If you are unable to use that resolution there is a download that contains the normal size maps.
11. Expansion pack maps have been revised to Gettysburg map quality.
12. Added regimental short distance 'Advance to cover' courier orders.
13. Chancellorsville maps have been revised to Gettysburg map quality.
14. Mini-maps have been created for Garnier's Random Maps 2 mod.
15. Brandy Station mini-map added.
16. Troop formations have been rewritten. Troops deploy much more smoothly. No more Chinese fire drills.
17. Formations chosen when the Combat toolbar is selected will maintain their formation when they move. They will not revert to column formation, move, then re-deploy.

Updated for SOWGB and SOWCV version 1.61

CourierAndMapsMod1.610 Large Maps

CourierAndMapsMod1.610 Small Maps
Last edited by Marching Thru Georgia on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Amish John
Reactions:

Re:Courier And Mini-Map Mods

Post by Amish John »

I'd like to try it buy I don't see a text file in the mod files with install instructions.

Also, how do you access the mini-map while in the courier screen?
Last edited by Amish John on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Amish John:

To use it:
Unzip the folder "Courier&MiniMapMods in your "Mods" folder.
If you do not have a "Mods" folder create one in your Scourge Of War - Gettysburg folder.
Start the game and go to the "Modifications" screen. There you will see Courier&MiniMapMods.
Click on it twice. A yellow square will appear to the left of the mod name.
Click on the "Check Mark" button at the bottom of the screen.
You can now use the mod in any sandbox or user scenario.
Also, how do you access the mini-map while in the courier screen?
The mini-map is accessed by clicking on the word 'Map' at the top left of the courier screen.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Thanks. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

The new modded mini maps are scrunched up on my computer (like LP's). Can someone repost the fix?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Amish John wrote:
The new modded mini maps are scrunched up on my computer (like LP's). Can someone repost the fix?
http://www.norbsoftware.com/NSDTeam/Mat ... ndMaps.zip
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

Marching Thru Georgia, I have a question. I noticed that when I bring up the map I can see the enemy positions. I have found I no longer need to send out scouting parties.

Also, I have had no problems with the map as other are having. My screen resolution is 1024x768 (just thought I would mention it).

Cheers...
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Mike:
Those enemy positions will show up initially in some situations. The Warren map has no magical properties as far as I know. :) If you have the 'Map Icons Display Setting' to 'All In Sight' you will see that effect. As you and your men begin to move off the high points, the enemy icons should start to turn into question marks.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Marching Thru Georgia wrote:
Mike:
Those enemy positions will show up initially in some situations. The Warren map has no magical properties as far as I know. :) If you have the 'Map Icons Display Setting' to 'All In Sight' you will see that effect. As you and your men begin to move off the high points, the enemy icons should start to turn into question marks.
Hi Marching Thru Georgia.

Thanks for the response. You are correct I checked my settings, and it is set to 'All in sight', but something odd is happening, I'm not able to change this setting, Any ideas to what may be causing this?

I can adjust all other settings, but not this particular one.

Hmmmmm.....
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I can be a bloody bonehead sometimes. Sorry Marching Thru Georgia. I was able to change the settings when Custom is selected. But, my settings were set to normal, so my question is, with the settings set to normal, should I still be able to see all the troops on the map?

Cheers...