Saitek Cyborg Command Unit?

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
ironsight
Reactions:

Saitek Cyborg Command Unit?

Post by ironsight »

Does anybody here have one of these?

http://www.saitekusa.com/prod/cyborgcommand.htm

I picked one up cheap with a discount coupon but am wrestling with the Profile Editor which so far doesn't make much logical sense. I've been fumbling around and have been able to reprogram some keys on a hit or miss basis. This thing would be really cool if i could understand the Profile Editor completely. The Help Screen explains using a different controller. I contacted their Tech Support and they were about as useful as #&^% as none of em ever used this thing and were basically also stumped. :(
:
Vonviper
Reactions:

Re:Saitek Cyborg Command Unit?

Post by Vonviper »

Hey Ironsight
first if you haven't already done so, download the latest drivers/software etc..

have you tryed this web page, these manuals are for the cyborgcommand controller
http://www.saitekusa.com/down/man_cyborg.htm

http://www.saitekusa.com/down/manuals.htm

sry i cant be more helpful
i agree, i can see that unit would be fun to have..
Last edited by Vonviper on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two turn tables and a micro-phone
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Thanks for the reply Vonviper!
This unit could be really great especially at its relatively low cost. Far as TC2M, i've somehow managed a profile to re-program the most used keyboard keys namely T(trees), M(map), C(courier) and F(follow). Now if NSD could use a key to get rid of sub screens like maps, messages, ammo status, etc. that would even be better!! (H'mm maybe 'escape' works now, i'll have to try it.)
Since i usually play games in a dim lit room and even with my homemade keyboard light, its still a pain searching for certain keys in the heat of battle.
Here's a couple old pics of that keyboard light i took for a machinists forum i'm on. The white box with the knob is a dimmer.

This Saitek unit easily solves both the key searching and illumination problems. But switching modes which changes the keyboard colors for different games is still a mystery to me. The program Editor is way more complicated than it has to be probably because this thing is so dam flexible. The Profile editor even allows re-programming accelerations, etc. of that little thumb joy stick and also to convert the joy stick to emulate mouse movements.
I've already looked at the Saitek website and there's not much help there. My next plan is to see if Saitek has a user forum.
:
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

OK, there doesn't seem to be much interest here in gaming pads but FWIW i gotta vent. Finally figured out how to program that thumb joy stick to the keyboard strokes of forward, left, right & back camera movemants. Man it's really cool, using the mouse in combinatin with that little joy stick.
The joystick moves the 'camera' considerably faster around the battlefield compared to the mouse with the mouse now only used for pointing/clicking, elevation and camera panning.
Getting rid of maps and other message screens is also a breeze now as i programmed the large key behind the joystick to emulate the Escape key.

I also programmed another profile for the ton of PhotoShop hotkeys instead of the cumbersome pointing and clicking on menus.
This thing is definitely worth a meager $35 IMO.

Only problem now is, when i've got a beer or cigarette in my left hand! :ohmy:
69th NYSV
Reactions:

Post by 69th NYSV »

I bought something similar for IL2 as there is way to many things needing easy access. The only problem is taking the time to figure how to program, then what is the best layout, and most important remembering the new place/key strokes in the heat of battle!
Pvt., 4th Texas Infantry, Co. B
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Yeah, figuring out how to program a profile was challenging as Saitek's profile editor at first glance was not all that intuitive.
Like anything else new, it takes time to get used to. Where these things really shine is when a program requires multiple hot keys like shift+R, cntrl+A. In PhotoShop, for example the three hot keys required for a 'selection inverse' are Shift-Cntrl+I which is reduced to only hitting one key on the gaming pad. These things can even program a lengthy macro with only one key stroke.
That thumb joy stick is great also when playing TC2M, i no longer use the mouse to move forward, left, right, back. The mouse pointer pretty much now stays near the middle of the screen.