Scenario #1 - The Boys Got Their Dander Up

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
General Area
Reactions:

Scenario #1 - The Boys Got Their Dander Up

Post by General Area »

I don't see a thread for this one. I need some hints. My cavalry seems too ready to jump on their horses and flee.
Shirkon
Reactions:

Re:Scenario #1 - The Boys Got Their Dander Up

Post by Shirkon »

General Area wrote:
I don't see a thread for this one. I need some hints. My cavalry seems too ready to jump on their horses and flee.
You must be talking about Devin's Brigade. They are scripted to pull back and then go to the north to guard there. You can win with just Gamble's Brigade. Make sure you keep the supply wagon up close to the battle line so they don't have far to go for ammo.
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

Sherman, December 1863, remark to a Tennessee woman.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

General Area wrote:
Shirkon is right, trying to control Devins brigade will just waste valuable time. Setup Gamble behind the fences and fire away when the rebs attack. Flank whenever you can, and make sure to keep a regiment on the objective. Also utilize all of the guns in your battery. Two of the guns are detached to the South.
General Area
Reactions:

Post by General Area »

Thanks.

Devin's scripted move didn't happen historically, did it? Seems like when I was playing Terrible Swift Sword and/or Battleground:Gettysburg I needed all of that cavalry to hold the Rebs until I Corps came up.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

General Area wrote:
Thanks.

Devin's scripted move didn't happen historically, did it? Seems like when I was playing Terrible Swift Sword and/or Battleground:Gettysburg I needed all of that cavalry to hold the Rebs until I Corps came up.
Yes Devin did historically move to the north to watch for Ewell's Corps. He was engaged only briefly and then Buford ordered him to move to the north.
DavidAcheson140PVI
Reactions:

Post by DavidAcheson140PVI »

just finished this scenaario and used the tips but also utilized some of my own such as deploying three regiments on the foward right and just driving the northcarolinians back make sure you TC all of those regiments because they tend to retreat. i held out with a score of 4500
Virginians with me! Who will come with me?! - Lewis Armistead, July 3rd, 1863
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

DavidAcheson140PVI wrote:
just finished this scenaario and used the tips but also utilized some of my own such as deploying three regiments on the foward right and just driving the northcarolinians back make sure you TC all of those regiments because they tend to retreat. i held out with a score of 4500
Nice job! Now on to a REAL challenging scenario.. #2. :evil:
DavidAcheson140PVI
Reactions:

Post by DavidAcheson140PVI »

ive been kinda doing them out of order and have tried at number two but yeah its kinda difficult
Virginians with me! Who will come with me?! - Lewis Armistead, July 3rd, 1863
Marmusman
Reactions:

Post by Marmusman »

I need a cheat card for all these abbreviations....what is TC??

Thanks
...just my 2 cents,
Marmus

Visit www.impedimentsofwar.org, the Civil War Talk Radio website.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Marmusman wrote:
I need a cheat card for all these abbreviations....what is TC??

Thanks
Take Control. :)