MP and Windows 7?

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
ORourke
Reactions:

MP and Windows 7?

Post by ORourke »

.... it seems a number of us on multiplayer with the Windows 7 OpSys are have issues hosting the game. I'd like to know if anyone with Windows 7 has been successful hosting? If so..... can you share your secret!!?
norb
Reactions:

Re: MP and Windows 7?

Post by norb »

I host all the time and have never had any issues.
ORourke
Reactions:

Post by ORourke »

Norb,
I have set up my system per MP forum instructions... checked the final connections via the "port checker" application... which tells me I have an open port. All anti-virus programs are set to allow the game as well as firewalls. Tried to host yesterday and wasnt able to... 2 other members of AG with Windows 7 have had the same issue. I will go back to the drawing board and start from scratch...
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

So you downloaded and installed the following program:
http://www.portforward.com/store/PFPortChecker.exe

And it says that the port is open and is working?
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Also, IMO, I would disable the firewall if you are behind a router. That is only how I do it because you are doing double checks. The router is a firewall and protects you from the internet, to have another software firewall is unnecessary, IMO. I have it turned off on my machine that I host from.
ORourke
Reactions:

Post by ORourke »

Norb,
Yes.... that applet confirms connection. My next approach is to turn off the firewall completely (eeeeecckkks!)
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Then the only difference between us is the firewall. From what I can tell. I have never configured the windows firewall because I don't use it (unless I am traveling and connect to a public network). I would try without it and see if it works. If it does, I would suggest doing some research to figure out how to configure it.