Changes to the Website!

Got problems with the site. An idea on how to make it better. This is the place to discuss it.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Changes to the Website!

Post by Hancock the Superb »

All right, this is my little rave and rant, not to be posted to the rave and rant section, though.:S :S :angry:

Ok, norb and other folks on the team, here are my ideas for the website, and my hating of the website.:S :S :S

First, when you make a new post, you can click on anything on the screen and it takes you to your newly replied post. When I click on BACK TO TOPIC, it means I want to go back to the topic, but if I click on RETURN TO FORUM, I WANT TO GO TO THE FORUM. THis is the same for clicking on NSD War 3DII Board and the other thing.

Second, lets face it, what is the structure of this website?

You have the NSD development stuff at the top, no Modding section (I realize this will probably come at a later date), FOUR things about different wars... IS THIS NOT THE CIVIL WAR!!!

Keep these parts the same:

The Rest of the Story:ohmy:
The first forum:ohmy:

What about the TIPS and STRATEGY and HELP:unsure: , is that comming? (I realize the game is not out yet though.)

How about the AFTER ACTION REPORTS (same as above).:unsure:

I'm sorry if this is a little strong, but it is 11:30 right now and I have to wake up at 6. (Check back we me in the morning...)

So, I hope no hard feelings, but I got out what I wanted out.

Thanks for helping!

I hope you take this stuf into consideration.:lol: :X :evil:
Hancock the Superb
estabu2
Reactions:

Re:Changes to the Website!

Post by estabu2 »

I too have noticed that after posting it will always take you back to your post, even after clicking on a different link. A minor inconvenience.

You don't really need a (Modding, Tips & Strategy and AAR) section until you have a game, so no need to worry there, they will get in.

Give it time, this website like the new game, are still in development. :)
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

You are correct in understanding that those other sections will come once the game is announced. I also hate the fact that no matter where I click it goes back to the topic, drives me crazy too. Wish I knew how to fix it, maybe I'll check the fireboard config settings and see if there is something there.

Come on... Who do you think designed the MMG site and forum layout that you know and love. Granted I took suggestions from many people, but I laid that thing out and I'm laying this thing out. Have some faith, I haven't let you down so far and you've been on sites I host and am webmaster for years.
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

I don't know there seems to be this "JC" bug running around both sites, that could hurt your street cred norb.:)
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

Norb
Come on... Who do you think designed the MMG site and forum layout that you know and love
Ahhh......you're right there laddy! All of us be lovin' ya like a true brother:) .......especially after you start serving the Jameson in the lobby!:lol: :lol: :P
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

I personally like the old TC2M format a hell of a lot better. But thats neither here nor there.
The only major beef aside from the little beefs i have with this forum is when you click on one of the latest posts on the home page it,
A.)will sometimes not take you to that latest greatest post depending on the length of the thread.
B.)Sometimes when it does take you to the latest post, one has to start the thread from scratch to view previous posts...
and finally,
C.)some of the personal forum settings just plain don't work.

All things considered though, if you all think this fourm format is so bad, try joining Yahoo Groups Forums - absolutely the worst 'n crudest 1980's era forum format on planet earth and from the once great Yahoo no less!
OK, thats my two centavos! I feel better now, whew!! :lol:
:
Last edited by ironsight on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Thanks Norb.

Sorry.
Hancock the Superb
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Hancock the Superb wrote:
Thanks Norb.

Sorry.
Now there's no need for that apology crap, we're all buds here.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

estabu2 wrote:
I don't know there seems to be this "JC" bug running around both sites, that could hurt your street cred norb.:)
Hmmmmmm......now where did I put that tube of super-glue and roll of duct tape. :whistle:
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

lol