Changes to the Website!

Got problems with the site. An idea on how to make it better. This is the place to discuss it.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Re:Changes to the Website!

Post by Hancock the Superb »

I am assuming none of mine have been moved then. I though it was a bug in the website coding.
Hancock the Superb
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Norb, I am fed up with the ability to go to the forum or back to the topic. I know you can't do anything, I 'm just expressing my opinions. It always takes me back to the dang post!
Hancock the Superb
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

Patience young Hancock, on a different note Norb, when I quote someone and the reply screen comes up. The text does not wrap into the box and goes way out into the blue on the side of the screen. I can scroll through all the text it just does not wrap into the reply box.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

What?
Hancock the Superb
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I know that Joomla has problems with IE6, is that what you are using?
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

Yeah, it only happens when I am at work...I mean aaaahhhhh...when I am using my old computer with IE6 on it. Yeah, that's it, my old computer.

My computer at home is IE 8 and it works fine so it must be my work comp with IE6.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

estabu2 wrote:
Yeah, it only happens when I am at work...I mean aaaahhhhh...when I am using my old computer with IE6 on it. Yeah, that's it, my old computer.

My computer at home is IE 8 and it works fine so it must be my work comp with IE6.
So, uhhhhh, Professor........how's that coconut and sea-shell radio of yours coming along? B)
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

OK, there's actually a setting in Joomla that will disable it if you use IE6, but I figured it works good enough, so I don't turn it on.
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Norb:
When and if you get some spare time, is it possible to try and do something about streamlining this forum for us dialups? This is the most frustrating slowest forum i've ever used to date. The TC2M forum is great, just about downloads instantaneously with my dialup.
Since i exclusively use the 'Whats Hot' latest posts on the home page, downloading to actually get to the latest post can take anywhere from a couple minutes to 5 or more minutes depending on the thread length.
Is it possible when clicking on a 'Whats Hot' item to only down load the absolute latest CURRENT page ONLY? For long threads, it doesn't take one to the most current post therefore the entire thread from START has to be downloaded adding another 3 or more minutes of download time.:angry: If someone wants to read previous pages in that thread, they can still do so manually by either clicking START or the page no.
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

I feel for your pain ironsight and I am glad that I do not experience it.