Changes to the Website!

Got problems with the site. An idea on how to make it better. This is the place to discuss it.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Re:Changes to the Website!

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Norb, the new 20 posts is much better. Thanks.
Hancock the Superb
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I guess then we need a poll :)

Does anyone have the problem where when you click on the link on the home page that it does NOT take you to the latest post in the forum thread?

If it's not the browser, then it must be a setup option.
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Vonviper Wrote:
hey ironsight
theres alot just the average member can do a bit more than the old site did for ya
i like the new forums myself of coarse its just the three of us inside my thoughts
check out your user profile if i recall theres some other setup options in there
that have to do with page loading
it may help
i think i got mine setup to load the latest post first
but any case there are afew more switches and plugs in your details folder that can be taylored to your liking
if you haven't already
Howdy Vonviper! I tried setting to first post last and last post first and clicking on the homey link, neither setting takes me to the last page. Nothing i tried in the setup seems to cure this. There are only two setup switches far as i can tell, flat and then the first-last-first stuff.

What are these few switches in the details folder? First i heard of a details folder!

This whole thing may seem trivial and non-sensical to you all with broad band, but i'm telling you with a dialup this is driving me :woohoo:
Especially since so far, no one else has or is admitting to having these or similar problems!
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

When I click on the link it takes me to the last page.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

When I click on "last post" it takes me to the first page of a multipage post instead of the most recent page. I have "last page first" selected in my profile options. I'm using IE7.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Then it's still bringing you to the correct post. So it's only ironsight having this problem still.

The other option I would think is that it's a speed issue, but if it happens to you at work too... The only solution left is that you have bad karma :)
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

AHH HuH!!! Norb::ohmy:

Based on your suspicion that it might be browser related, i seriously start looking into this closer to eliminate it as the root cause. This whole thing looks like it just might be cookie related!:(

What'n the hell is this cookie all about????????:S
AND WHY IS ESABU'S NAME IN IT????????:dry:
AND WHY DOES IT INCORPORATE A .PNG FILE????????:dry:
This is the first and only forum i'm on that uses a .png (Portable Network Graphics) file in a cookie!

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/estabu.png

I remember blocking this cookie when i first signed up because of the
'estabu.png'...sorry estabu but this cookie looked REAL suspicious to me at the time :laugh:
I noticed on the IE bottom status bar 'errors on page' which got me to look closer at this 'blocked cookie'.
Didn't pay much attention to that 'blocked cookie' icon at first since i knew the norbsoftware cookie was enabled. Figured that blocked cookie was spam popup related!

The regular norbsoftware cookie is and always has been enabled!;)

Norb, before i enable this cookie can you explain what its all about?
:woohoo: :woohoo: :S :S
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

Man......poor Estabu sure does get a bad rap!:lol:
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

That is my xfire profile. Do you see the little blue bar at the bottom of my posts? It shows if I am online and what games I have played the most.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Estabu, this is getting curioser and curiouser!:S

First,
based on what you've said this cookie of yours sounds like it probably has nothing to do with my forum downloading headaches. Or does it?:laugh:

Second,
how in the hell did you manage to get your own personal cookie to down load from Norb's website? :S Did you bribe Norb? :laugh: