IS THERE A WAY TO TURN OFF ALL THPOSE COURIER MESSAGES DURING SP BATTLES?????????

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
rckgunny
Reactions:

IS THERE A WAY TO TURN OFF ALL THPOSE COURIER MESSAGES DURING SP BATTLES?????????

Post by rckgunny »

i have found during the single players scenarios that i'm being inandated with courier messages that interrupt the movement of my and postioning of units . these messages are worse than and are nothing more than pop-ups on my screen . i don't need all these courier messges and they are not telling me anything i don't already know can i just delete curier from my game files ????????????????or how do i turn them off??? i think whats needed is a turn-off courier option in the option menu. can we get a turn-off couriers option button for single player plz. or maybe a turn-off couriers pop-ups option. in the option menu. or whatever its called all i know is these things pop up every 2 seconds on the screen and i can't even play the game.i know there couldn't have possibly been that many messages being sent during a heated battle!

rckgunny
Last edited by rckgunny on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cruiser
Reactions:

Re:IS THERE A WAY TO TURN OFF ALL THPOSE COURIER MESSAGES DURING SP BATTLES?????????

Post by Cruiser »

I also will appreciate some way to turn off the couriers.... too many interruptions. The idea mentioned in another thread about a small window indicating there is a courier message might also work well. But I think I would prefer an on/off switch.
"Never stand and take a charge .... charge them too."
Stevedrumsdw
Reactions:

Re:IS THERE A WAY TO TURN OFF ALL THPOSE COURIER MESSAGES DURING SP BATTLES?????????

Post by Stevedrumsdw »

I agree, I have had trouble with this as well.
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

The only ones that really get to me are the "intercepted" courier messages. I've gotten six or seven in a matter of a couple minutes which can be quite annoying. If they were smaller and at the bottom of the screen---or a pull-up message box for that matter---that might help.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
rckgunny
Reactions:

Post by rckgunny »

did i say inandated? i meant swarmed, flooded. overflowed.etc. LOL,ROFLMAO!

rckgunny
Monty
Reactions:

Post by Monty »

What difficulty level are you playing and what are these courier messages saying?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

rckgunny wrote:
i have found during the single players scenarios that i'm being inandated with courier messages that interrupt the movement of my and postioning of units . these messages are worse than and are nothing more than pop-ups on my screen . i don't need all these courier messges and they are not telling me anything i don't already know can i just delete curier from my game files ????????????????or how do i turn them off??? i think whats needed is a turn-off courier option in the option menu. can we get a turn-off couriers option button for single player plz. or maybe a turn-off couriers pop-ups option. in the option menu. or whatever its called all i know is these things pop up every 2 seconds on the screen and i can't even play the game.i know there couldn't have possibly been that many messages being sent during a heated battle!

rckgunny
Good news coming your way! :laugh: It was buggin' me bad too. :S
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We just moved this bug up in priority, it will be in the next patch.
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

norb wrote:
Ya, those lowly supply officers hiding behind wagons will drive ya buggy with messages! :laugh:
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

norb wrote:
Hey, Norb, while you are working on the courier, how about adding some sort of acknowledgement that messages sent to the superior officer have arrived....and perhaps even give a response. I.E. "Message received...no artillery reinforcement available." or some such.

Thanks

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade