New lobby weirdness

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Tacloban
Reactions:

New lobby weirdness

Post by Tacloban »

Dear Much Smarter People than I,

Last night I was trying to figure out my hosting problems, but even after I had undone any changes (disabling mapport, etc.), I still has the same result in power lobby, though I had earlier been test-hosting both "direct IP" and "main lobby" battles. I have previously successfully joined several MP battles as a guest using the lobby. I haven't tried as a guest using the direct IP method.

I create a room. The room name shows up. When I click "enter room", I get the message "Already in Room." I look down and, sure enough, my name is in the room. I click on the "Go to staging room" (or whatever it says) button, and I get the message "User is playing", though the screen shows that I am still in the first room. I wait for abouut a minute but nothing happens. This happened repeatedly, including after restarting the game. I'm just curious what this could mean.

I'm on a Netgear router. I had my firewall shut down (although I have SOW excepted), and anti-virus disabled (although it has a game mode). It happened both with mapport disabled and also with default ini.

Thanks,

Tac
Last edited by Tacloban on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
norb
Reactions:

Re: New lobby weirdness

Post by norb »

Sometimes if you crash or exit oddly from the lobby, it takes the lobby a while to realize that you are gone.
Tacloban
Reactions:

Re:New lobby weirdness

Post by Tacloban »

Unreal that I get a response from not a moderator but the lead designer in under an hour from my stupid little post. And to think that people bitch about an activation code.
UglyElmo
Reactions:

Post by UglyElmo »

. . . . or you could have multiple personality disorder and one of your other "selfs" likes playing SoW too! :)

I solved my problem, by not letting the "others" know of my purchase! :laugh:

Good luck and hope the problem was a fluke and not a reoccurring one.
For any prior or future Ugly's out there, my contact info:
el-marko1@insightbb.com
Col. Miles
Reactions:

Post by Col. Miles »

Tacloban wrote:
Unreal that I get a response from not a moderator but the lead designer in under an hour from my stupid little post. And to think that people bitch about an activation code.

Amen brotha!
Join our civil war gaming club "ArmchairGenerals.us