Mod question

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
IronBMike
Reactions:

Mod question

Post by IronBMike »

In the future when the SDK is out, will it be possible to change the courier messages? Also, will it allow a different list of locations to be used for a custom map? So that on, say, a Manassas map I could send a courier ordering someone to move to Brawner Farm?
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:Mod question

Post by Little Powell »

IronBMike wrote:
In the future when the SDK is out, will it be possible to change the courier messages? Also, will it allow a different list of locations to be used for a custom map? So that on, say, a Manassas map I could send a courier ordering someone to move to Brawner Farm?
Yes and Yes. :)
fluke
Reactions:

Post by fluke »

And what about the maps themselves? Am I able to build an own map using the SDK?
"Both parties deprecated war, but one of them would make war rather than let the nation survive, and the other would accept war rather than let it perish. And the war came." Abraham Lincoln
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

fluke wrote:
And what about the maps themselves? Am I able to build an own map using the SDK?
I think it will be a while (if ever) before the maps are released for the SDK. This will allow us to make expansions etc.