Awesome Game

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
norb
Reactions:

Awesome Game

Post by norb »

Eagles Dallas game is a great one. If you're still up and get ESPN, I highly recommend it. It's a shootout. Owens is walking all over Philly's secondary, but McNabb is moving the ball at will. I'll have to stay up for this one.
estabu2
Reactions:

Re:Awesome Game

Post by estabu2 »

Sorry the Eagles lost Norb.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

I have a feeling that Norb's reaction was similar to your Avatar's there estabu.

I'm not an Eagles fan myself, but I was rooting for them last night because I despise the Dallas Plowgirls!
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Great game. This early in the season it's not such a bad thing to lose that close game. Don't want them to get too cocky. It's good to see the Eagles stand toe to toe with the #1 team in the NFL. Had that game taken place on Eagles soil it easily would have gone the other way. Great game anyway.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Gotta jump in here. This game as ESPN dubbed it, is a Classic. The best of the best...and Felix Jones, Razorback connection...fantastic TD run...

I've been a Cowboy fan for forever, and had my little 'Dream Job' for a season, 77-78. Played 1st trumpet for the 'Dallas Cowboy's Band', went all the way to the Super Bowl, XII New Orleans, and had a great time. Best part of this gig, parked next to the stadium with the cheerleaders...believe me...they are TEXAS PRIME. Although out of their league...I still got to flirt, and always enjoyed watching the girls work out in their scanty tightty thingies...as the band practiced. Oh, the good old days...sigh
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

See, you're allowed to be a Cowgirls fan. What I can't stand, alone with everyone in Philly, is all of these fake fans all over the country that have never even been to TX. I can't stand those fagazee fans.

AWESOME game, McNabb blows the big one again. Guy is a great QB, but when the money is on the line, he chokes every time. Sure, he put them in the game, but in the end it's the W that matters. A Hall of Fame QB would have finished that last drive and scored. Neither Reid nor McNabb understand anything about the 2 minute drill.
69th NYSV
Reactions:

Post by 69th NYSV »

Why don't you tell us how you really feel norb?:laugh:

I hear ya though and am right with you. My wife works in Princeton and has to hear it from the Giants fans from central Jersey that are astonished we root for Philly teams.

I guess you heard the "Big Kid" went out in the second half with a back injury and would account for some of the change in Philly's offense. But no matter what, it was a great game with two heavy weights going "toe to toe". You could see the cowboys attitude change as the game wore on, from cocky smiles to grimaces of concerns, especially on T.O.

Neither teams defense was really able to stop the others offense. This is the one area neither team could be happy about. With the rematch so late in the season it'll either be anti-climatic with things decided or could be a super-mega game for all the marbles.
Pvt., 4th Texas Infantry, Co. B
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

The saddest thing about the game for me was seeing the truth. B. Dawk is getting too old to play :( I love that guy, but it was evident that he just doesn't have the speed required to be the starter in that defense. There are just too many times when they blitz leaving the FS with coverage duties. A very sad day and no one in Philly wants to admit it. My son has a life size poster on his wall and 2 of my kids have his jersey. But since the only other one they have is Considine, he'll remain the starter, but teams are going to target him now.

Big Kid is a little messed up in the head. He went for an MRI today, we'll have to wait and see how that one turns out.
69th NYSV
Reactions:

Post by 69th NYSV »

Yeah that didn't really sink in till today about Dawk. You could see the handwriting on the wall over the last couple years, but hoped he get it back one more year. It is really sad as he has been the heart & soul of the defense for a long time. Maybe a move to SS where losing that step won't hurt as much, he can still bring the lumber.
Pvt., 4th Texas Infantry, Co. B