How does one win ??

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
Johnnie
Reactions:

How does one win ??

Post by Johnnie »

Played the Meridith's Brigade scenario. Held the ridge and inflicted more casualties than I took. Lost!

Played the Barksdale's Brigade scenario. Took the Peach Orchard and again inflicted more damage than I suffered. The scenario would not end. Resigned and lost again.

Am I doing something wrong?
privatewilley
Reactions:

Re:How does one win ??

Post by privatewilley »

Johnnie wrote:
Played the Meridith's Brigade scenario. Held the ridge and inflicted more casualties than I took. Lost!

Played the Barksdale's Brigade scenario. Took the Peach Orchard and again inflicted more damage than I suffered. The scenario would not end. Resigned and lost again.

Am I doing something wrong?
In both of these scenarios you have to immediately take the Objectives and hold them. The Peach Orchard is especially hard. Keep trying, you'll beat them. :)
zSkender
Reactions:

Post by zSkender »

To secure objectives you need to move a unit commander (at least Brig) to it, not only a regiment, right?

With the Iron Brigade scenario, you can then only hold either the Ridge or the woods... right?

I am having similar problems as OP.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

There needs to be an officer and a certain amount of soldiers. You can see how many from the tool tip on the map screen.
privatewilley
Reactions:

Post by privatewilley »

zSkender wrote:
To secure objectives you need to move a unit commander (at least Brig) to it, not only a regiment, right?

With the Iron Brigade scenario, you can then only hold either the Ridge or the woods... right?

I am having similar problems as OP.
With Iron Brigade scenario, hold the woods Objective and ignore the ridge Objective.
MrSpkr
Reactions:

Post by MrSpkr »

Also, make sur eyou play until time runs out. The Scenario will end, eventually.

Steve
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

Major General John Sedgwick's final words, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, May 9, 1864
14GA
Reactions:

Post by 14GA »

Peach Orchard...how to win...

Double quick your two left most regiments toward the red barn to take on artillery there in the area while the third regiment charges the skirmishers to clear them out and your far right regiment goes straight for the crossroads at the Peach Orchard and engages the Federals there. You'll end up having to charge and melee a few times to move them out but you should have suppport coming up from Wofford & Kershaw by the time you do it...so cross your fingers your boys don't retreat before then. I held the objective about 20 minutes...oh, and definitely send requests for artillery support!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

14GA wrote:

Double quick your two left most regiments toward the red barn to take on artillery there in the area while the third regiment charges the skirmishers to clear them out and your far right regiment goes straight for the crossroads at the Peach Orchard and engages the Federals there. You'll end up having to charge and melee a few times to move them out but you should have suppport coming up from Wofford & Kershaw by the time you do it...so cross your fingers your boys don't retreat before then. I held the objective about 20 minutes...oh, and definitely send requests for artillery support!
Was this a 3000+ Major Victory played on 'Normal' difficulty?
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
14GA
Reactions:

Post by 14GA »

RebBugler wrote:
14GA wrote:

Hey RebBugler...Settings were on Seasoned and total points 2530. I imagine it may be a tad bit easier to do in Normal difficulty.
14GA
Reactions:

Post by 14GA »

RebBugler wrote:
14GA wrote:

Ok, I tried it on Normal difficulty...took 5 minutes to take the Peach Orchard. Score = 2987.