Unusually quick victory

Had a great game? Want to write about it. These things can be very exciting, so if you want to share, post them here. The best will be reposted to the front page of the site!
DanimalKingdom
Reactions:

Unusually quick victory

Post by DanimalKingdom »

Hi all,

Just played a division-sized sandbox game. My confederates were defending. The Union force came at me from three sides but about 7 minutes in they left a huge gap in their line which i exploited and cut their advance in two. After only a couple of minutes of musketry the game announced that I had won the battle with a score of over 13000. enemy casualties were 360 and mine were about 160!

Their centre had collapsed but their right was readying for a fresh attack, and i wouldn't have said the battle was over, but has anyone else come across a game as fast as that?

P.S. I didn't realise you could intercept enemy courier's messages, nice touch :)
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:Unusually quick victory

Post by Little Powell »

DanimalKingdom wrote:
Hi all,

Just played a division-sized sandbox game. My confederates were defending. The Union force came at me from three sides but about 7 minutes in they left a huge gap in their line which i exploited and cut their advance in two. After only a couple of minutes of musketry the game announced that I had won the battle with a score of over 13000. enemy casualties were 360 and mine were about 160!

Their centre had collapsed but their right was readying for a fresh attack, and i wouldn't have said the battle was over, but has anyone else come across a game as fast as that?

P.S. I didn't realise you could intercept enemy courier's messages, nice touch :)
You must have experienced a very rare bug where you rack up a BUNCH of points instantly. I've been trying to track this down for a while now, but again it only happens very rarely. You should turn on autosave and if it ever happens again, it would be a BIG help if you could send a zipped save game to sowsupport at scourgeofwar dot com
jb hood
Reactions:

Post by jb hood »

had this bug twice in a mp game yesterday. played about 5 minutes, victory more than 12000 points :)
“They are lying on the field where you sent them.”
Stuie
Reactions:

Post by Stuie »

I've seen this as well - started to position my forces to defend against the Union forces on my left flank, and suddenly I won. Not even a shot fired. I'll switch on autosave and see if I can recreate this.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

Sandbox? Check your time and score limit settings.
Taiaha
Reactions:

Post by Taiaha »

I think I have the opposite bug: where I lose massive numbers of points and the games never seem to end.

Oh, wait. That's just because I'm not very good. :)