Barely escaped with my own life

Had a great game? Want to write about it. These things can be very exciting, so if you want to share, post them here. The best will be reposted to the front page of the site!
pcelt
Reactions:

Barely escaped with my own life

Post by pcelt »

Just completed a brigade attack on Centre of Gettysburg--Union Ward attacking v Confed Pettigrew defending. Totally pulsating and totally chaotic. Both brigades fiercely contesting each sreeet and garden. Fortunately I had 2 Sharpshooter regiments in the brigade which I wisely took control of and moved them to continually enfilade crossroads in the town which confederate troops were continually charging across and a serious toll was taken despite getting caught up in a couple of melees .
Battle eventually finished with Wards Brigade the victor having 886 men left out of 2181 and Pettigrew left with 161 survivors out of2241.
If you have a very boring day at the office this Centre of Gettysburg battle will cerainly energise you.
bedbug
Reactions:

Re:Barely escaped with my own life

Post by bedbug »

The US Sharpshooters are armed with 52 cal. Sharps repeater rifles and can burn through some ammo, so they really need a supply wagon nearby!
I have had Confederate Regiments react to their fire by lying flat as if encountering artillery. :laugh:

a good site for these blokes:

http://www.berdansharpshooters.com/art.html
Last edited by bedbug on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
pcelt
Reactions:

Re:Barely escaped with my own life

Post by pcelt »

Yes I saw units throwing themselves flat when caught in the fire of the sharpshooters--but sooner or later they had to stand and run......
Thanks for the ref. looks excellent