OOB questions

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
sweeteye
Reactions:

Re:OOBs with more than one Corps per side

Post by sweeteye »

I have tried everything I can think of. Still cannot get it to load. :X
Here are the OOBs if anyone has the time to look them over for mistakes.From the Brickyard scenario. Want to use it as a confederate army level scenario.

MY SOW OOB
Last edited by sweeteye on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
26th Ohio Light Artillery
Sons of Union Veterans
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

OOB_C_THCarter, OOB_C_JJGarnett and probably one Union battery are your problem.
sweeteye
Reactions:

Post by sweeteye »

Thanks for looking at the OOB. Carter and Garnett would definitely do it.Copy and paste editing!@## :angry: Not sure which union battery is the problem but there is only 3 I believe. :S
Sons of Union Veterans
sweeteye
Reactions:

Post by sweeteye »

Wait a second..... I am not sure how to edit the file! I will keep trying though.
Sons of Union Veterans
sweeteye
Reactions:

Post by sweeteye »

I managed to to get the OOB working with two Confed Corps and one Federal corps minus the Federal artillery. I also was able to add one division of the federal second corps. As soon as I try to add another federal division I get a ctd. I am sure the chain of command is correct. Wish I knew what to do!! Make no sense whatsoever why I would get a CTD.
Sons of Union Veterans
sweeteye
Reactions:

Post by sweeteye »

Guess it is time to give up. I have spent more than two days trying to adjust a simple OOB with no luck.I have poured over every single line in the Brickyard OOB as well as my own.Does not make any sense to me how the protocol works. I am able to make a working OOB with one Corps per side but that still leaves a lot to be desired.While the game itself is very nice I feel it is a shame that this aspect of it is not more user friendly. It spoils the whole thing for me. Guess if I want to make OOBs in the future I will have to use TC2M.Oh well... back to flight simulation.
Sons of Union Veterans
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

This is the fear we had in releasing any sdk stuff before the manual. We hate to see you frustrated. The manual will explain more. Always check the log too.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

sweeteye wrote:
Guess it is time to give up. I have spent more than two days trying to adjust a simple OOB with no luck.I have poured over every single line in the Brickyard OOB as well as my own.
I haven't tried out the modding part as of now, but after two days of banging your head against the wall, it might be time for a break.

Have you tried just changing something simple, like switching around an artillery unit for a brigade, and seeing if that works?

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
sweeteye
Reactions:

Post by sweeteye »

I have tried everything I can think of Davinci. I broke it down to one corps per side and tried to build it back up. Actually have it working with two complete Confederate Corps but cannot get more than one division of infantry in the federal second Corps. I will try your suggestion of substituting units and see what happens. Amazing what a two hour power nap will do for your modding spirit. This is a great game and I do not want to give up on it.Once there are more OOBs to study and the sdk is released it will help a lot.
Last edited by sweeteye on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sons of Union Veterans
sweeteye
Reactions:

Post by sweeteye »

Getting really close now. Have it narrowed down to two batteries and a single infantry regiment that are causing Ctds.Wish I new what to do about the batteries.The chain of command is correct so it seems.
Sons of Union Veterans