It's FOOTBALL SEASON

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
norb
Reactions:

It's FOOTBALL SEASON

Post by norb »

The Eagles open up with the Rams at home. Finally it's here. Of course I'll probably be at some sort of kids game. Daughter is in travel soccer and son is playing flag football, I'm the head coach.

On the flag football I also sponsored the team. Can't wait to get the picture of all the little cobbers wearing their norb soft dev jerseys.

Cobbers - yes I'm reading Heinlein again and I like the term.
Vonviper
Reactions:

Re:It's FOOTBALL SEASON

Post by Vonviper »

Go Cowboys
18-0

YaaaHoooo:laugh: :laugh:
Two turn tables and a micro-phone
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

You're lucky I didn't know youse was a little boys fan until now. You never would have gotten on the team!!!!
Vonviper
Reactions:

Post by Vonviper »

:laugh: Mwahahahaha!!!!

here comes pac-man :P

i see my grunt tag is still hanging around lol...
Two turn tables and a micro-phone
tim
Reactions:

Post by tim »

Im a Rugby Union myself. The season starts today. I played for 26 years from 8 years old and have just started training again to play vets. My two girls play tag Rubgy (non contact) and I help coach the girls team. They also play football (what you call soccer!) at school. Also play five a side football myself - big sports fan!

Leeds United is my team for football. We've hit bad times lately - down in the 3rd league after going bust and having fifteen points deducted for going bust. Its a proud Yorkshire club so we will bounce back. As for Rugby I watch anyone and everyone - especially England.

American Football has died out here since it got reasonably big in the 1980's. We sometime play it in Rugby training - good fun.

Super Leeds!
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I played Rugby for one year in highschool. I really don't know how to play well, I was just a big guy so they put me in the scrum. I had some fun, but it just doesn't have the strategic aspect like football that I love.
louie raider
Reactions:

Post by louie raider »

Nothing like watching rugby to get the testosterone going....

of course, i prefer Australian Rules Football... [ducking]

but if we're talking American football, I'm all about college football. and when i say 'college football', i mean Virginia Tech football.

GO HOKIES!
Last edited by louie raider on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
this space for rent
chantilly
Reactions:

Post by chantilly »

norb - I used to coach kids' soccer, co-ed 7-9 year olds = I loved it. I bet the members would love to see an upload of your team in the NSD uniforms B) . Eagles should be tough this year, maybe even steal the NFC East from the Cowboys & Giants. Put a fork in the Deadskins, LOL

tim - I have nothing but respect if you still dabble in Rugby.

VonViper - no comment :P

Louie - East Carolina beat West Virginia today, does that ease the pain of last week a little bit ? Down here in the Carolinas it's another Cinderella story for a small school, last year Appalachian State beat Michigan on opening day, and this year it's ECU beating the big dogs.

My NFL favorite ? Carolina Panthers all the way !!!
louie raider
Reactions:

Post by louie raider »

chantilly wrote:
East Carolina beat West Virginia today, does that ease the pain of last week a little bit ?
not much but enough. any time WVU goes down it's a good day in my book. but VT is playing 2008 with the 2009 team, so it's rough goin this year. not looking fwd to GA tech.....
this space for rent
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

AHA!!! The FIGHTING IRISH take out the Aztecs 21 - 13!!! :evil:

What a fine bunch of laddies!!:)
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'