Order of battle file format

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Garnier
Reactions:

Order of battle file format

Post by Garnier »

I'm making an order of battle editor, and finally am ready to import files. However, it appears the OOB file is layed out slightly differently in the sample mod Norb posted than it is in the scenario.csv files that are output to the Work folder.

Basically the column arrangements are different. In the scenario.csv output file each line begins like this:
Side,ARMY,CORPS,DIV,BGDE,REG,ID,NAME1,NAME2

And in the sample mod it is this:
Name,ID,NAME1,NAME2,SIDE,ARMY,CORPS,DIV,BGDE,REG

When people are modding the oobs, which format will they use?
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:Order of battle file format

Post by Little Powell »

Garnier wrote:
I'm making an order of battle editor, and finally am ready to import files. However, it appears the OOB file is layed out slightly differently in the sample mod Norb posted than it is in the scenario.csv files that are output to the Work folder.

Basically the column arrangements are different. In the scenario.csv output file each line begins like this:
Side,ARMY,CORPS,DIV,BGDE,REG,ID,NAME1,NAME2

And in the sample mod it is this:
Name,ID,NAME1,NAME2,SIDE,ARMY,CORPS,DIV,BGDE,REG

When people are modding the oobs, which format will they use?
The fist one you list is a master OOB, the one for the scenario mod is a scenario OOB. Each scenario OOB must reference a master OOB. So in the example scenario OOB, it references the oob_Gettysburg_sample1.csv master OOB.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

So when people are creating OOBs, they'll be creating master oobs, using the second layout I posted, while the scenario oobs are (in the case of sandbox mode) generated by the game, or (in the case of scenarios) made in some other way by hand.

Thanks
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Garnier wrote:
So when people are creating OOBs, they'll be creating master oobs, using the second layout I posted, while the scenario oobs are (in the case of sandbox mode) generated by the game, or (in the case of scenarios) made in some other way by hand.

Thanks
Well they can make both, or in the case of the mod scenario, I just created the scenario OOB. That way, you can change the troop numbers around and stuff for your particular scenario, but the master OOB won't be affected.
Last edited by Little Powell on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

@Garnier

Correct.
Last edited by ADukes on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.