Small Mod Sample

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
norb
Reactions:

Small Mod Sample

Post by norb »

As we promised, we wanted to give you guys a sample that should open a lot of doors into modding. We are not going to release the full SDK until after we release a bug patch that we're working on now. So we didn't want to make you wait forever to get some mods started.

This example shows how to create a scenario, but more important it shows how to override files in the main folder. You can see how to create and use a master OOB and a sandbox OOB. Looking through this you should be able to see how to override graphics and sounds through a mod. Note that mods are disabled for MP and for our GB scenarios. We will enable certain types for MP in a patch, but it was safer to disable them for now.

Sample Mod 1

NOTE: you will have to create a mods folder in the root folder, then unzip this sample into there
Last edited by norb on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Son of Paul
Reactions:

Re: Small Mod Sample

Post by Rob Son of Paul »

Readme says to unzip into the mods folder. There isn't a mods folder but I just created one on the root and it seemed to work.
Last edited by Rob Son of Paul on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Son of Paul
Reactions:

Post by Rob Son of Paul »

Thanks for this mod. But of course another question. :)

I noticed that I didn't have to activate the mod to see the Brickyard scenario in the user scenarios. Is there a way to deactivate the mod or is that not necessary?
Last edited by Rob Son of Paul on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
jb hood
Reactions:

Re:Small Mod Sample

Post by jb hood »

sandbox mode:

is there a way that the games chooses the "whole unbalanced" original OOB?

or do we have to wait till the sdk will be released?

thanks
“They are lying on the field where you sent them.”
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

Wait for the patch or create a OOB with 2 corps per side.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Rob Son of Paul wrote:
Readme says to unzip into the mods folder. There isn't a mods folder but I just created one on the root and it seemed to work.
Thank you, I forgot about that.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Rob Son of Paul wrote:
Thanks for this mod. But of course another question. :)

I noticed that I didn't have to activate the mod to see the Brickyard scenario in the user scenarios. Is there a way to deactivate the mod or is that not necessary?
When you click on an already selected mod in the mods screen, it puts a box next to the mod, that means it's activated. Click it again to deactivate. Yours are activated, which is why the scenario shows up. Go to the mods screen and click to disable them, then hit the checkmark to save and leave the screen.
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

Thanks Norb,
I've been looking forward to unlocking the game's 3rd aspect: (SP, MP, and Modding).
MadMan
Reactions:

Post by MadMan »

I'm at work, so I can't open the Mod.
What does it Mod?
Southern Son
Reactions:

Post by Southern Son »

Thanks for the small Mod sample, Norb.
Can't wait for the release of full SDK.