Request for Sounds

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Jubal Early
Reactions:

Request for Sounds

Post by Jubal Early »

Forgive me if this isn’t the right place but I want to make a request, Could someone please Mod/bring over the sounds from TC2M that were included in the CMP the ones where the commands are used like “Double time” “Lie down” “Form line” I’m sure someone knows what I mean it really added to the game and it would be great to get them into Gettysburg. Thanks
jb hood
Reactions:

Re: Request for Sounds

Post by jb hood »

I wait until the sdk is released.
“They are lying on the field where you sent them.”
Jubal Early
Reactions:

Post by Jubal Early »

jb hood wrote:
That’s great news JB I look forward to it. The other mod I hope will be brought over is the one with all the state flags I don’t know if they used those ones at Gettysburg but they look fantastic.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Jubal Early wrote:
jb hood wrote:
That’s great news JB I look forward to it. The other mod I hope will be brought over is the one with all the state flags I don’t know if they used those ones at Gettysburg but they look fantastic.
Soon as Norb gives the OK, my first mod for SOW will be made available: Damned Red Flags (DRF), 47 historically researched 1863 CSA regimental and state flags, many variants of the Southern Cross and several Stars and Bars. Based primarily on research obtained from Rollins' "The Damned Red Flags of the Rebellion".

When I first started testing SOW in October, the void was obvious...had to get the South properly represented. Some included state flags aren't historic, rather adding color and personality plus helping identify brigades for gameplay.

DRF coming soon to a battlefield near you.... :woohoo:
Last edited by RebBugler on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jubal Early
Reactions:

Re:Request for Sounds

Post by Jubal Early »

WOW ! 47 Flags that’s fantastic RebBugler mods like this will really add to the feel of the game. :)
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Yeah, We'll all be looking forward to the new Confederate flags. That will be a nice visual improvement. Good work.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Amish John wrote:
Yeah, We'll all be looking forward to the new Confederate flags. That will be a nice visual improvement. Good work.
Ain't that the truth!

Found TC2M upgrades particularly enjoyable with all the state flags and varied battle flags with the orange borders (1862 2nd Bunting Issue). Curious how many of these were still in service by GB?

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Jubal Early
Reactions:

Post by Jubal Early »

Re the State flags RebBugler will they be a sharper resolution/ clearer than the flags in the game? For me the most disappointing thing about SOW is the low res flags compared to the flags in TC2M or even the ones in TC Bull run the Union Regiment state flags for example are barely recognisable.
So please would you consider doing a low res version and one to the same quality of TC2M I love picking out regiments by their flags and I for one would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Southern Son
Reactions:

Post by Southern Son »

RebBugler wrote:
Soon as Norb gives the OK, my first mod for SOW will be made available: Damned Red Flags (DRF), 47 historically researched 1863 CSA regimental and state flags, many variants of the Southern Cross and several Stars and Bars. Based primarily on research obtained from Rollins' "The Damned Red Flags of the Rebellion".
DRF coming soon to a battlefield near you....

:woohoo:

Can't wait to see them!!
Last edited by Southern Son on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
privatewilley
Reactions:

Post by privatewilley »

RebBugler wrote:
Jubal Early wrote:
jb hood wrote:

When I first started testing SOW in October, the void was obvious...had to get the South properly represented. Some included state flags aren't historic, rather adding color and personality plus helping identify brigades for gameplay.

DRF coming soon to a battlefield near you.... :woohoo:
DRF looks awesome! RebBugler did a great job on the Reb flags.
Last edited by privatewilley on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.