CTD

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Greek
Reactions:

CTD

Post by Greek »

Just had my first CTD. I've played on "brigade" sandbox to completion, no issues, and had a CTD during a "division" sandbox game. I've also played around in other sandbox or scenario games, but purposely did not finish them as I was practicing. In any event, no CTD.

What was different on this CTD from all the other games I played was, for the first time, I was issuing commands and keeping my units on AI control, instead of taking command of them myself as in prior games. Maybe, just maybe that is part of the problem where others are having CTD.

Good game, still getting used to it. As others have mentioned, the sound of battle is not as good as 2nd Bull Run, but if I crank the volume up it is acceptable. Sounds like copying the sound files from 2nd Bull Run will work, based on what I've read here.

Thanks for the game guys, been waiting for this one.

Bill
norb
Reactions:

Re: CTD

Post by norb »

Hopefully we'll get this crash repeatable at some point so that we can fix it. It's in there, but it doesn't happen too often. There is an auto save in the options so that you don't lose too much effort if you crash.