Commanders - Mingle with the enemy

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Grim.Reaper
Reactions:

Commanders - Mingle with the enemy

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Seems like commanders are pretty suicidal, although the enemy AI really never attacks them. Attached is a picture where my general Pickett is standing right next to the Union enemy. Two things wrong with this. No way a general is going to be in that position and secondly, if he did do that, every Union soldier would be shooting at him.

Edit: Couln't upload picture due to size restrictions, but the picture would have shown the general within 10 yards of an enemy unit.
Last edited by Grim.Reaper on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris merchant
Reactions:

Re:Commanders - Mingle with the enemy

Post by chris merchant »

yes I've noticed this too, carried over from the last game. Please fix or do somefink!
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Are you sure they aren't TC'd or your own guy. We tested this pretty well and those guys like to run away.
UglyElmo
Reactions:

Post by UglyElmo »

I actually sent my general into an area, where I needed to boost a unit which was in melee and had my general killed, which ended the tutorial scenario (even though I was winning on points at the time).

I have seen enemy commanders doing such things, like running behind my lines, but not any of my own yet. Though I haven't played it extensively like I will be doing shortly.
For any prior or future Ugly's out there, my contact info:
el-marko1@insightbb.com
Grim.Reaper
Reactions:

Post by Grim.Reaper »

In my games, its not the physical commander I can control that is the one getting close to the enemy. Therefore, not sure I could have done anything to cause it myself. Its also not just happened once, it has happened in just about all the games I have tried so far. I also notice them walking right in front of my lines and the enemy lines as we are shooting it out and they come away with not even a scratch. [img size=800]
Attachments
c1.jpg
c1.jpg (54.9 KiB) Viewed 163 times
Last edited by Grim.Reaper on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We'll have to look at this issue closer then. I know that this sort of bug was sent back to me a ton of times during testing. The guys would not let it rest until they really felt it was stomped. So I'm surprised to hear about it. But there just must be some cases we missed. I know that there are exceptions if they are close to friendly units, otherwise they would never be able to give support while fighting. But they should never be in those situations alone, unless they are TC'd or your own character.
Grim.Reaper
Reactions:

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Thanks for looking into it and I'm sure you'll squash it:)

I tried posting a picture of the situation, but couldn't get it into the format required for this forum. If you think it would help and you have an email address where I can send it, just let me know. Thanks!
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

You can send zipped up saved games, which really are what we need, to the sowsupport at scourgeofwar dot com, that's our main support email. Most support is done on the forum, but if you have something to send, send it there.
Grim.Reaper
Reactions:

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Ok, next time I see it, I'll save the files and send to you.
chris merchant
Reactions:

Post by chris merchant »

Are you sure they aren't TC'd
hmm that might be it actually. Will keep playing and report if they're not.
thanks Norb.