NSD Community member's Photo's

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

NSD Community member's Photo's

Post by JC Edwards »

Thought it would be an idea to have a thread where NSD member's, if they wished, could post photo's of themselves.
It's rather nice to put a face to the screen name/forum member that you have basically come to know.:)

Since my avatar photo is already on display I thought I would share one that is also posted at MMG.......my face to face with our resident Phantom Captain, taken when we met this past May.:)

Hope to see some photo's in here.;)

Sarge
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
estabu2
Reactions:

Re:NSD Community member's Photo's

Post by estabu2 »

I will wait to post mine. I am meeting PC in a couple of weeks too. Who knows JC maybe they won't be able to tell us apart.

Note to self stand on PC's right side.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I know that we had some team pictures taken at Getty, hopefully one of the smarter guys (the ones that remembered to bring cameras) will post one of them.
Phantom Captain
Reactions:

Post by Phantom Captain »

estabu2 wrote:
I will wait to post mine. I am meeting PC in a couple of weeks too. Who knows JC maybe they won't be able to tell us apart.

Note to self stand on PC's right side.
Hehe,

Well you will be the lucky one estabu2, my pic with you I will be in full uniform and armed too! :woohoo:
Corporal - 49th Indiana Volunteer Infantry, Co. F

In our youth our hearts were touched with fire.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

My new avatar is from my trip down to southern TX in June of this year. You can see my head at the very bottom. This is at the Marine Military Academy in Harlingen, TX. They have, what I think is, the first of these monuments. It's pretty big. The parade ground is right in front of the monument. MMA is a pretty interesting place. I spent a year there before USNA. It prepared me pretty well by teaching marching, rifle drill, etc. Made USNA plebe year that much easier.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

On what ship(s) did you serve? I spent seven years on the USS Nimitz design team at Newport News Shipbuilding (before it was Tenneco and Northrop Grumman).
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Didn't make it through. I got a back injury at a spring football scrimmage and had to drop out at the end of my "youngster" year. I spent my summer cruise on the USS Beaufort, salvage and rescue ship out of sasebo japan, but that's the only ship I was on.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

I'll tell you who we need a pic of.......ADukes.:)

Of course with our luck he'd probably come in a text format.:side:
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

Here is my photo with PC, we saw his and Basia's "home", a nice two cot tent with a lovely floral pattern carpet. Canvas wall that came to a point in the middle, I like to think of it as old world architecture.:laugh:

A rebel regiment on drill.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

Wellllllllllllll......don't you all look like a fine bunch of dandy lil' whipper snapper's!!:P

Very happy you all got to meet.......wish I could have been there.:)