Great Campaigns of the Civil War - Update: Atlanta OOB Pack released!!

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Great Campaigns of the Civil War - Update and Franklin-Nashville Campaign Announced

Post by Saddletank »

07:00:00 Graphic not found GFX_US_Artillery
07:00:00 Flag not found while loading unit: Capt. James A. Hall|UGLB_USA_ART_CDR_BTY
Zeke's mod's OOBs use a flag from another mod, not an NSD standard flag unfortunately.

He'd need to remove references in the OOBs to that flag, or add it into his mod.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Zeke
Reactions:

Re: Great Campaigns of the Civil War - Update and Franklin-Nashville Campaign Announced

Post by Zeke »

07:00:00 Graphic not found GFX_US_Artillery
07:00:00 Flag not found while loading unit: Capt. James A. Hall|UGLB_USA_ART_CDR_BTY
Zeke's mod's OOBs use a flag from another mod, not an NSD standard flag unfortunately.

He'd need to remove references in the OOBs to that flag, or add it into his mod.
Hey Guys
  • Don which OOBs are your having a problem with?
  • Have you installed and activated RebBugler's Bugles and Flags mod before loading up and activating my mods up as I use several of these excellent flag sets?
  • Have you got more than one of my mods activated? As having a couple activated at the same time may cause you an issue.
If there's an error I will look at it this week and rectify :) B) :)
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
Don
Reactions:

Post by Don »

Zeke- I wasn't using Bugles & Flags; I've corrected that, but there remains the problem of crashing in the middle of the game. I'll be sailing along, & suddenly the game crashes- not at the beginning- but in the middle, during the most intense fighting. It's happened so many times that I had to deactivate yours. I use a music mod, together with enhanced rifle & artillery fire, & then your mod, with Bugles & Flags. My particular favorite is Jackson's Valley Campaign. Sometimes I use Alpine, Elpine, or Kansas with this mod, but it always ends the same. The last crashes occurred with Kansas. I have Windows 8 as my platform, but that's never given me a problem before.
I thank you for your quick reply. This is one I can't seem to figure out.
Don
Last edited by Don on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Poor syntax
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

There remains the problem of crashing in the middle of the game. I'll be sailing along, & suddenly the game crashes- not at the beginning- but in the middle, during the most intense fighting.
I'm strickly guessing here but this sounds like a formation problem or a sound problem that the AI is trying to perform.

Other-wise the problem would show-up at the beginning of the game.

When the game suddenly crashes do you check the log file for any errors?

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Don
Reactions:

Post by Don »

Davinci:
This is what I got just now, halfway through a game:
Game Launched
19:54:55 Version:SOWGB
19:54:55 Reading Key: SOFTWARE\NorbSoftDev\SOWCV
19:54:57 PR: (ERROR) File: ..\..\Core\PR_Engine.cpp
Line: 1065
Error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

19:54:57 PR: (ERROR) SetViewport Failed PR_SetMode
I have seen this error message before.
Don
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Don - When you have the time to do some trouble-shooting start out by disabling the Enhanced – Arty – Flank – Fire mod first- since the units do start fighting before the crash.

This leads me to believe that the problem is with the AI trying to perform an action that is not valid .

If that doesn’t work, then disable the North South Intro sound files.

But, I also use the sound from the Gettysburg Movie as the starting music and have never had a problem with using it. So I don’t think that that would cause the crash in the middle of a fight.

EDIT Post

@ Don - After doing a Google Search of your error, I'm not sure if it is Mod-Related!

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding Content
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Zeke- I wasn't using Bugles & Flags; I've corrected that, but there remains the problem of crashing in the middle of the game. I'll be sailing along, & suddenly the game crashes- not at the beginning- but in the middle, during the most intense fighting. It's happened so many times that I had to deactivate yours. I use a music mod, together with enhanced rifle & artillery fire, & then your mod, with Bugles & Flags. My particular favorite is Jackson's Valley Campaign. Sometimes I use Alpine, Elpine, or Kansas with this mod, but it always ends the same. The last crashes occurred with Kansas. I have Windows 8 as my platform, but that's never given me a problem before.
I thank you for your quick reply. This is one I can't seem to figure out.
Don
Hmm - It's a puzzler Don If you load my oobs without Bugles & Flags that will definitely cause a crash. This leads me to think that Davinci has identified the most probable culprit the Enhanced – Arty – Flank – Fire mod - I'm not familiar with this mod and did not test compatibility with my modded files so I would try disabling this mod as well - re sound this shouldn't cause the whole game to crash but may again be worth trying with this disengaged as like above I never tested this mods compatibility -

re your error 'D3DERR_INVALIDCALL' this looks like Graphic driver issue - so ensure you have the latest DirectX downloaded.

To clarify
  • my mods work with version 1.5 and 1.6 of SOW (I always recommend using the latest patch).
  • I have tested with the Blood and Guts Mod and Bugles and Flags - again I've not had any issues however please ensure that you activate these mods before mine - Other mods and older mod (i.e pre 1.5 or 1.6 )may cause issues so please disengage before using my OOB packs.
  • Ensure that you have activated only one campaign OOB Pack at a time.
Let us know how you get on Don :) :)
Last edited by Zeke on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ulysses S. Grant
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Don, its possible your PC is just struggling to run the game. Could you play smaller battles, or dial down some of the graphics, or increase the man:sprite ratio to 6:1 or 8:1. That would lower the load. Disabling some sound mods might also help as Davinci says.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Don
Reactions:

Post by Don »

Thanks to everyone who offered a suggested solution. The problem appears to have been resolved. It would seem that the mod "enhanced rifle & artillery " mod is the culprit. Upon disabling it, I have been able to satisfactorily & completely 2 scenarios with "Jackson's Valley Campaign"- a small scenario & a large one. I will continue to check various OOB/map combinations, & if a problem occurs I will let you know. For the time being, I consider the issue resolved.
Thank you,
Don :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Thanks to everyone who offered a suggested solution. The problem appears to have been resolved. It would seem that the mod "enhanced rifle & artillery " mod is the culprit. Upon disabling it, I have been able to satisfactorily & completely 2 scenarios with "Jackson's Valley Campaign"- a small scenario & a large one. I will continue to check various OOB/map combinations, & if a problem occurs I will let you know. For the time being, I consider the issue resolved.
Thank you,
Don :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Glad this seems to be working for you now Don enjoy.... at some point in the future I will be going into the valley again this time with Old Jube!!! But I have Atlanta to continue and couple of other little beauties ;) B)

Ulysses S. Grant