Beta Patch for 1.4

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Beta Patch for 1.4

Post by Little Powell »

Hello, there is something new in melee combat ?

Because yesterday I noticed that my troop have routed 2 or 3 ennemy regiments without sufferring significatives losses (I think it was like 15 losses vs 100).

And today a small test was horrible, one brigade encounter an ennemy cavalery brigade, it was a carnage, 1500 mens lost in less than 5 minutes, 4 regiments surrender, another routed...

The oob said I lost 1500 when ennemy only 500. I register the action in video :blink:
This has never happen before beta 1.4, especially vs cavalery who was always weak against infantery.
Must be a coincidence because nothing was touched in that area.
Kalliser
Reactions:

Post by Kalliser »

I don't know but this is certainly fun to watch :
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

In my humble opinion Norb, you are doing everything possible to get this game running to perfection. From my experience just recently, the game was very sluggish no matter what improvements you made. Well, it turns out my power supply motor was making alot of noise. I couldn't pinpoint where it was comming from, I thought it was my cpu fan. As a result of looking closer at my cpu. I saw one of the four fastners holding down the cpu fan was broken. That meant not a good seal. So I checked the start up sequence and lo and behold my cpu was over heated all the time. So I replaced my broken power supply unit to 500 watts and upgraded my cpu to the max to my motherboard. It is a whole new experience to play the game. It runs as smooth as glass with no jerkiness. It loads up lightning fast, the controls are very responsive and quick. I think every one aught to check their systems every once in awhile and clean them up and upgrade when they can. Sometimes we just take it for granted that nothing is wrong with our own system, until something doesn't work or breaks down. In my humble opinion we all should take a few minutes to clean and inspect our gear for the new year and be ready for the new Antietam Game.
I'm in full agreement RDBoles, that's something I have to do sometime in the near future.

I have fixed the jerky turkey issue by doing a simple HD defrag. I took a look, and as it turns out it was heavily fragmented (worse I have seen my drive in months).

Once I defragged my drive things are running smooth as silk...

Thanks RDBoles for reminding me.
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

Re: the jerky/sluggish movement when I scroll: my computer is approximately one year old, 5 GB of RAM, and a decent video card. And the game ran just fine before the patch, but not after. I suspect it is not necessarily the patch, because I have only read of one other person having this problem. There might be something about settings I need to change. I use Medium on Uniforms and only 40% Trees, so I'm not sure what I can do, but I'll continue to fiddle with it.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
kg_sspoom
Reactions:

Post by kg_sspoom »

has there been an update/upgrade of this beta?
we have a player who downloaded a 1.3061 beta and is
getting a version mismatch
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Yes, I forgot to mention that I updated it last night in order to fix the graphics issues and the sandbox battle if you forget to check the new items.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Testing - this latest patch I'm seeing that if a Mod is enabled after you exit the game, that the next game may have the Not Found error.

But, if the Mods are disabled before you exit the game, this error doesn't appear as much!

My Version is 1.30055 !

BTW: I disabled all mods before installing the latest patch!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Patch looks good. I havent come across this NOT FOUND bug and I have been using the Nap mod for Sandbox a lot. From what I know all the text is taken from sowstr.db file which we cant see and if the entry doesnt exist is displays NOT FOUND as default. Odd that its intermittent but could it be an issue with this file?
Last edited by gunship24 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Mod looks good. I havent come across this NOT FOUND bug and I have been using the Nap mod for Sandbox a lot. From what I know all the text is taken from sowstr.db file which we cant see and if the entry doesnt exist is displays NOT FOUND as default. Odd that its intermittent but could it be an issue with this file?
Well what it's doing is it's trying to look for the old Sandbox types like Line Of Sight (No Objectives), Hunt Them Down (No Objectives), and they are not there. Those types were removed from sowstr.db file. So it probably does have something to do with a mod not getting unloaded all the way and that's why disabling the mod, re-enabling, etc fixes the issue.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Yes, I forgot to mention that I updated it last night in order to fix the graphics issues and the sandbox battle if you forget to check the new items.
Question: Is there a way to update to a new version of this Beta patch without having to download the entire 240m behemoth?

Like a small patch for the patch?

I know I am asking allot here, and you folks have done far more than anyone here could ask for.

Just wondering.

:)
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.