GCM Singleplayer Campaign

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: GCM Singleplayer Campaign

Post by Saddletank »

If you go to your campaign on the campaigns page: http://www.sowmp.com/gcm/campaigns

You can set your campaign to use custom battle settings and let you choose the divisions for each battle.
Good news, thanks.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Nice work. How do you deal with replacement of casualties and/or return of lightly wounded?

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Can I just ask, please, something that came up in MP the other night; apart from the battle folder and its contents, what else needs to be given to another player so he can host as an MP session, an SP battle created by your mod on my PC? Is it in fact possible to transfer to another SoW installation/another user?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Nice work. How do you deal with replacement of casualties and/or return of lightly wounded?
Each turn some of the wounded in each regiment return or are discharged or die. Missing troops can also return. And replacements are recruited bringing down the experience level.

@Digby,
I think you only need the battle folder to host the game in SOW. Then after the battle make sure the SP player has the gamedb file so he can record the game.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Eugene of Savoy
Reactions:

Post by Eugene of Savoy »

Hey,
This looks great but I must be doing something wrong. I fight a battle and am able to get to the end of your steps. at the "Then do it all over again." I always end up just generating a new battle from scratch. I am assuming I need to select "continue campaign" in the launcher, but it ends up opening a new window with the website showing me entirely new data where none of my actions in the previous battle are reflected.
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Roughly every battle there is a "turn", and that web page you're seeing is probably your turn report. You need to use Continue Campaign, until it tells you there's a battle to fight, instead of starting a new campaign. (What you've done so far is start three separate campaigns, which is fine but probably not what you wanted.)
Eugene of Savoy
Reactions:

Post by Eugene of Savoy »

thanks Garnier but I am using the continue option. It just seems to generate a new battle where none of the impacts in the previous battle are represented.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

nevermind
Last edited by KG_Soldier on Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

What impacts of the previous battle are you looking for? The numbers in your regiments should be different, possibly lower if you took casualties, possibly higher if you recruited during the turn between battles.

The directions in the original post are exactly what you need to do -- that's how everyone else does it.

@soldier, that Record Battle button is for MP battles, in the SP campaign all you do is click Continue Campaign.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

oops