Antietam Press Release

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Antietam Press Release

Post by Little Powell »

I'm putting in links to the Antietam announcement and video in the November Rocky Mountain Civil War Round Table newsletter. If our guys just take a look at the SoW system, they'll be hooked!

See page 8: http://rockymtncivilwarrt.com/newslette ... 011-07.pdf

Ron
"WJ Palmer"
Excellent, thanks! That's a great looking news letter you have there. We are always glad to reach the history buffs. I know there are a lot out there that would love to hear about our game. :)
Keeler
Reactions:

Post by Keeler »

We considered doing Harpers Ferry, but the battle was just so lopsided that it would be impossible to make it competitive. If you are defending the town, you don't stand a chance. Like A.P. Hill said; "I would rather take the place twenty times than undertake to hold it once”
Something interesting could be done with the fighting on Maryland Heights between Ford's and Kershaw's forces, but I imagine that would be a lot of work for little playable content.
Great news!

I remember walking the battlefield about 10 years ago and was struck by just how so much carnage could happen in such a small area. Because Antietam was actually a series of almost uncoordinated attacks, the game should lead to some pretty good brigade, division and corp-level scenarios. Looking forward to the maps as well.

Regards, CJ
That is what I have always thought as well. Antietam matches perfectly with how Scourge of War is designed.
"Thank God, I thought it was a New York Regiment." - Major J.A. Blair, 2nd Mississippi, upon learning he had surrendered his command to the 6th Wisconsin.

I was not a Wisconsin soldier, and have not been honorably discharged, but at the judgment day I want to be with Wisconsin soldiers. -John Gibbon, responding to a reunion invitation.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

It has been very interesting designing the scenarios. Such carnage in such a small area indeed... Some of the late morning scenarios around the Cornfield are just... brutal... You'll see. :)

I think everyone will be quite pleased with the results.
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

It's gone powerful quiet - that's probably a good sign :) Any news or screenies?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

No news or screens at this time. I might see if I can grab some South Mountain screens soon though. Stay tuned.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

I'm putting in links to the Antietam announcement and video in the November Rocky Mountain Civil War Round Table newsletter. If our guys just take a look at the SoW system, they'll be hooked!

See page 8: http://rockymtncivilwarrt.com/newslette ... 011-07.pdf

Ron
"WJ Palmer"
Thats a fine looking newsletter - videos and all!
Zeke
Reactions:

Antietam Press Release

Post by Zeke »

Looking forward to this pack being released - don't need anymore pic's you've sold me already!!!
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
jrkymt
Reactions:

Antietam Press Release

Post by jrkymt »

Ok, when is it coming out?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Ok, when is it coming out?
As soon as it's done. :)

Like I've said before, we don't like to set concrete release dates around here. We should have a rough date posted soon, but again we release when the product is solid.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Which is a great thing, because release dates make games bad. Plus, the aspect of not knowing when exactly you will get the game is always exciting. Will the game come today, will it come tomorrow you ask yourself, and then find yourself returning to the forum continuously checking...
Hancock the Superb