Mod Les Cent Jours - download link

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: Mod Les Cent Jours - download link

Post by DarkRob »

Funnily enough I've kinda mastered those three but my problem in No Prisoners is their Cavalry, there's not much of it but it's a bloody nuisance and often keeps my Guard units tied up in Square
Turn it to your advantage. Don't think of it as the cavalry pinning your squares in place. Think of it as using your squares to pin their cavalry in place. You have like 10 battalions in that scenario. Surely you can spare 2 of them to block the cavalry's route of approach to the rest of your units. Detach them from your command so they wont be affected by brigade level commands from Petit, TC them, and place them strategically to block and neutralize their cavalry.

Gerards Corps is also pushing through the town, as well as the French cavalry coming around on either side of the town. The Prussian cavalry wont be a problem for long.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Didn't know that move. Sounds effective, but doing stuff like that mars my sense of accomplishment when winning a difficult scenario.
Exactly. And most other players as well I would bet. But as I said that's the difference between the way I think and the way other players think. And it's why I'm the one who finds this stuff. Because for me, finding stuff like that IS my sense of accomplishment.

But none of this should be taken as me saying there is anything wrong with the Quatre Bras scenarios. They are both fine. In fact both are up there in terms of being some of the most fun scenarios for me to play.

Now if you really want me to list some stinker scenarios I could. But nothing in the Quatre Bras expansion would be among them.
Last edited by DarkRob on Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RALB
Reactions:

Post by RALB »

Funnily enough I've kinda mastered those three but my problem in No Prisoners is their Cavalry, there's not much of it but it's a bloody nuisance and often keeps my Guard units tied up in Square
Turn it to your advantage. Don't think of it as the cavalry pinning your squares in place. Think of it as using your squares to pin their cavalry in place. You have like 10 battalions in that scenario. Surely you can spare 2 of them to block the cavalry's route of approach to the rest of your units. Detach them from your command so they wont be affected by brigade level commands from Petit, TC them, and place them strategically to block and neutralize their cavalry.

Gerards Corps is also pushing through the town, as well as the French cavalry coming around on either side of the town. The Prussian cavalry wont be a problem for long.
Excellent plan and great thinking. I'm stuck in the hotel so I'm going to have at it right now
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

Davide,
How important is that Unitstatus file?
The only difference are the references to a different file of portraits
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Davide,
How important is that Unitstatus file?
The only difference are the references to a different file of portraits
Well, this is a biggie, especially since the Grog Toolbar displays the portraits on the main toolbar.

Would you please try the latest Grog Toolbar, Post 22, and see if the portraits are identifying Generals correctly? I do see new portraits, but I don't know who's who.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
RALB
Reactions:

Post by RALB »

Excellent plan and great thinking. I'm stuck in the hotel so I'm going to have at it right now
Changed my mind and fought "Blood along the Souffel" Great Expansion Mod, very challenging but I still managed to get a Major Victory. DarkRob I did watch your video and in my battle the Austrians crossed at both salients and they certainly fired putting up a hell of a battle, I had the 2nd revision of the Grog Toolbar Version VIII installed. Now I'm off for all you can eat Prime Rib
Attachments
LS2.png
LS2.png (2.1 MiB) Viewed 283 times
Last edited by RALB on Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

Yes the new portraits appear
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Yes the new portraits appear
Good news!

Don't see a need for the unitstatus file in this mod as the portraits syntax lines are identical to the default unitstatus file. I checked out this theory and renamed your unitstatus file. Portraits showed up fine when I ran the mod with this change.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Episode 1: Hessian fury is up, with the newest Grog toolbar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbPuHVwzXeA
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »