Released Mod Threads

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
GShock
Reactions:

Re: Released Mod Threads

Post by GShock »

Confirm what John just said.
I'd add that it's pointless to keep 4 versions of the Lee mod considering V4 contains all the previous ones so it's better to remove the older ones.

I have installed several mods:
Both of MikeSla's sounds (musket & arty)
blueGreyIcon
BuglesandFlags 6
Enhanced unit icons
Enhanced Arty & Flank (then i discovered they don't work in tutorials lol)
Firing Mod V2
Lee V4
Maximum Toolbar
SR1 Sandbox

And I am experiencing CTDs in sandbox mode.
Now I have started removing them one by one but after removing 3 I am still having CTDs.
Is there a crashlog I can see to help identify the issue?
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

GShock - the FiringMod V3 - is on the third page of that topic, the one that you are using will cause the game to crash!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
GShock
Reactions:

Post by GShock »

Good God, I'd have never expected for that mod to be the cause... Anyway, add to my suggestions to DELETE the V2 from this page which should only list 1.2 compatible mods.

Thanks Dav. You saved me. :)

BTW I posted a help request for moving arty in the discussion thread. Care to save me again there? :)
GShock
Reactions:

Post by GShock »

Still crashing even with FiringModV3.
Tried disabling Max Toolbar (my guess is that RebBulge&Flags ALSO containing custom toolbar be incompatible with MaxToolbar) but no go. Still crashing.

Another guess is that the mods I downloaded are not V compliant with 1.2. Which makes me wonder, again, how comes they were not removed from the mod list.

Ah yes... just to make me crash over and over again. lol
Last edited by GShock on Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GShock
Reactions:

Post by GShock »

Here's the MODS folder. Trying up and down and having constant crashes. Some more help please? :blush:
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Which makes me wonder, again, how comes they were not removed from the mod list.

Ah yes... just to make me crash over and over again. lol
You hit the nail on the head. ;)

No I just haven't had time to sift through every single mod and figure out which one's will work and which one's won't.. I was hoping the author's would update them to make them compatible. Some have already done that, but many have not.. So I guess I'll have to sift through them.. I'll get around to it, probably sometime tomorrow.

Edit: It's hard to tell which one of those mods is crashing your game. Disable all of them, then enable one by one to see which one is the culprit. If you find an incompatible mod, post in it's thread and hopefully the author will update it. If they don't, then I'll get it removed from the list (or tell you how to fix it if it's a simple fix).
Last edited by Little Powell on Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GShock
Reactions:

Post by GShock »

I'm on it... will report back as soon as I find it. Luckily the game loads rather quickly, and it crashes rather quickly too. Shouldn't take long.

FiringModV3
Alternate explosions
Musket Fire Sound
Enhanced Arty & Flank fire
Bugles & Flags V06

all SURELY work together. Then it's got to be either the Lee sprites or the enhanced icons. I haven't tried the maximum toolbar because it looks like the toolbar modified by the bugle and flags mod is incompatible.

I'll let you know later... I want to play now, finally. :)
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Look at sowgb.log in your Work folder after a crash, if it crashes during loading that will usually tell you what caused it.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Bugles and Flags will not work with any mods that alter the toolbar - gui. The toolbar in Bugles and Flags is also expanded, but still uses some tiers to maintain stock toolbar familiarity. Primarily, it's function is to accommodate many of the keyboard commands.

I'll have a new toolbar built soon for 'non hosting' MP play. :) The present one works fine for all as long as the host loads it, but that is not typical for random play.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
CoB4thTEXAS
Reactions:

Post by CoB4thTEXAS »

Hi,

Here is a version 1.2 of Drifting Airburst.

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php?op ... Itemid=103

Thanks,

CoB4thTEXAS
Last edited by CoB4thTEXAS on Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.