Trash talk for MP!

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Gfran64
Reactions:

Re:Trash talk for MP!

Post by Gfran64 »

I'm sure the Meade/Sickles conversation went a lot like that!!!! B) B)

Greg
Ephrum
Reactions:

Post by Ephrum »

Gfran64 wrote:

Greg
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
OHIO UNIVERSITY
O. O. Howard
Reactions:

Post by O. O. Howard »

Gfran64 wrote:

Greg
I believe similar discussions took place on both sides of the Mason-Dixon Line for decades after the war was over.

- Double O
O. O. Howard
Reactions:

Post by O. O. Howard »

And how's this for some trash talk:

"Success and glory are in the advance, disaster and shame lurk in the rear. Let us act on this understanding, and it is safe to predict that your banners shall be inscribed with many a glorious deed and that your names will be dear to your countrymen forever."

or

"It is with heartfelt satisfaction the commanding general announces to the army that the operations of the last three days have determined that the enemy must ingloriously fly, or come out from his defenses and give us battle on our own ground, where certain destruction awaits him."

Hmmm..... ever notice that the guys who talked less actually got MUCH better results?
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Sometimes... though General Stuart always had an ear for the headlines and he did very well, even at the end of the war (think about it... single shot carbines vs. repeaters? Little match, though Stuart did well.)
Hancock the Superb
Ephrum
Reactions:

Post by Ephrum »

O. O. Howard wrote:

Hmmm..... ever notice that the guys who talked less actually got MUCH better results?
I does seem that way, in so many things. There are exceptions, but they're few.

Actually I started this thread for something to do while we waited on the game. JC Edwards and I had a blast with it. All but a few of my posts are directed at him. But were friends, so it's okay.

When it's really game time, I don't trash talk at all. Even when I win.

However, I'll continue to give JC all kinds of hell on this thread. B)
Last edited by Ephrum on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
OHIO UNIVERSITY
O. O. Howard
Reactions:

Post by O. O. Howard »

Ephrum wrote:
O. O. Howard wrote:

I does seem that way, in so many things. There are exceptions, but they're few.

Actually I started this thread for something to do while we waited on the game. JC Edwards and I had a blast with it. All but a few of my posts are directed at him. But were friends, so it's okay.

When it's really game time, I don't trash talk at all. Even when I win.

However, I'll continue to give JC all kinds of hell on this thread. B)
Pre-game trash talk (in the sense of pre-battle) is good fun. (This is the ultimate pre-game trash talk thread, given that the game isn't even out yet.)I am sure, however,that the great majority of us here will both win and lose graciously and honorably with all due respect given to our opponents.
Ephrum
Reactions:

Post by Ephrum »

I think your right O.O. Howard, in that most of the Forum members will be respectful to each other. I certainly will, because I don't like to win at anything, and celebrate by rubbing my opponent's face in it.
OHIO UNIVERSITY
O. O. Howard
Reactions:

Post by O. O. Howard »

Ephrum wrote:
I think your right O.O. Howard, in that most of the Forum members will be respectful to each other. I certainly will, because I don't like to win at anything, and celebrate by rubbing my opponent's face in it.
In the end, I think a hard-fought defeat is much more interesting than a game when you steamroll the opponent with an easy win anyway.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

I am willing to be whooped by JC anyday of the week - but he's gonna get a fight of his life for it!
Hancock the Superb