Bugles & Flags XIX

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Bugles and Flags XII

Post by Davinci »

Reb , Hey how is everything going!

Great Flags , I have been trying to give the Union Army a different flag for years, so I added in the one that you made for them.

The only problem is that the flag has a yellow border around it, so I change it to the Pennsylvania flag for the default Union Flags.

Question - Is the yellow border the way that they looked back then, or is that your design?

Thanks,

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Reb , Hey how is everything going!

Great Flags , I have been trying to give the Union Army a different flag for years, so I added in the one that you made for them.

The only problem is that the flag has a yellow border around it, so I change it to the Pennsylvania flag for the default Union Flags.

Question - Is the yellow border the way that they looked back then, or is that your design?

Thanks,

davinci
Hey D! The yellow border is fringe, and it's historic by most of my references and observations. I did do some US National flags without fringe, they're just not represented here.

Glad you're using my flags, I always take pride when you display them in your screenshots. About time you upgraded. :P
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

I've just had a chance to try this new version - beautiful work Randy!

The flags really are enhanced, a lovely piece of work. :)

Thank you
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Hey D! The yellow border is fringe, and it's historic by most of my references and observations. I did do some US National flags without fringe, they're just not represented here.
OK, Thanks, but I think that I prefer them without the yellow border, but it's not really that important!
Glad you're using my flags, I always take pride when you display them in your screenshots. About time you upgraded. :P
I would say that Your flags are a must-have for My games.

Yes, I need to upgrade from the previous ones, but You know how I hate the hi-lighted borders around the flags.

The ones that I'm using now, I removed that effect on the Confederate flags. But, doing that reduces the flags effect due to the fact that I don't have your talent.

Basically, to put this another way, I don't like the icons above the units or anything that the actual battlefield didn't have.

I know that this is a game, I just like it to resemble how it looked at that particular time in history.

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cleaburn
Reactions:

Post by Cleaburn »

Hey REb thanks for your mod great Job as Always. Hows things for ya anyway have a question there seems to be no sound for battle line in brigade level or is that how it is suppose to be on your latest bugles and flags mod....
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Hows things for ya anyway have a question there seems to be no sound for battle line in brigade level or is that how it is suppose to be on your latest bugles and flags mod....
This is a very easy fix if You don't mind modding a single line.

In the Logistics folder of this mod, locate the gui file.

Open it and then scroll down to line 184 .

In the G Column on line 184 type in this SFX_UI_BattleLine.

davinci
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hows things for ya anyway have a question there seems to be no sound for battle line in brigade level or is that how it is suppose to be on your latest bugles and flags mod....
This is a very easy fix if You don't mind modding a single line.

In the Logistics folder of this mod, locate the gui file.

Open it and then scroll down to line 184 .

In the G Column on line 184 type in this SFX_UI_BattleLine.

davinci
Yes, thanks D, or just copy the bugle call, SFX_UI_BattleLineReg, from line 183 to the line below. It's a split button with the call only on the 'line hold form' back half of the button. This is on purpose as calls tend to stack up when clicked repeatedly and I like to give folks the option of not sounding the call again, or, at all. Kinda doesn't make sense with this button setup but you'll find several buttons split just for the purpose of not sounding the command's bugle call repeatedly.

If you use the one D suggested you'll get a division level, very long call...not recommended for brigade level. It is the full version official call but can be irritating if it stacks up, and starts echoing all over the place. I abbreviated some of the bugle calls in this mod because of this stacking up issue.

Edit: Kinda stammered around last night with the above info. When you select Bugles and Flags in the Modifications list, reading the Intro to the right under Toolbar info is the following statement:
Bugle option - many buttons are split with the bugle call eliminated on the back split. This is provided to avoid the 'stacking up' of calls.
Hopefully this unravels some of what I said above. :unsure: While I'm at it, should this statement in the Intro elaborate more? Your silence implies no...and, sometimes over elaboration just confuses things. :S
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cleaburn
Reactions:

Post by Cleaburn »

I will Give it a Go, Men Thanks Reb Thanks Davinci Cleaburn C.S.A.....
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Reb - I may a corrupt download, as I'm getting a lot of textures errors.

The problem is that I don't have a textures file in the mod.

List of files in the Logistics folder:
drills
gamefonts
gfx
gscreens
gui
guitext
sfx
unitattributes

What is missing?

davinci
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Reb - I may a corrupt download, as I'm getting a lot of textures errors.

The problem is that I don't have a textures file in the mod.

List of files in the Logistics folder:
drills
gamefonts
gfx
gscreens
gui
guitext
sfx
unitattributes

What is missing?

davinci
That's correct D, eight Logistics files. Make sure any previous versions are disabled.