American War of Independence Mod

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
remus
Reactions:

Re: American War of Independence Mod

Post by remus »

Hi all

Just went through the download links unto my computer.After clicking the link cleared the captcha hurdle and started the download. Once downloaded I extracted to documents folder. This completed successfully so I substituted my existing copy with the downloaded version. I right clicked the gettysburg.exe to test the compatibility mode. This worked successfully. I should mention that my OS is windows 8 which may or may not be an issue with others compatibility.

John VW
At the moment there is only single player available. I just wanted to get the game up and running with the basic troop types available and then work at refining the mod with more OOBs and troop types. Shouldn't take long and if some one can do it in the meantime feel free to do so.

Bodkin

No specific map needed just make sure that Brandywine or the other AWI OOB is selected

HI Saddletank

Not sure what to tell you. I did do the download check onto my computer with you specifically in mind.
Will wait to see if more feedback can help the situation
remus
Bodkin
Reactions:

Post by Bodkin »

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. Working OK now, running the compatibility trouble shooter seems to have done the trick......

Thanks for the work put into this mod.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

ok...with only this MOD activated, still can not get it to run...simply can't "get to it"? game does not show up under GB scenarios, user scenarios or sandbox?
Bodkin
Reactions:

Post by Bodkin »

JohnVW

In sandbox mode there are three orders off battle ......

OOB_SB_NAP_ARW_SR8

OOB_SB_NAP_Battle of Long Island

OOB_SB_NAP_Brandywine
Last edited by Bodkin on Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

and these should work with just the AmerRev Mod "on", correct?
Bodkin
Reactions:

Post by Bodkin »

They should do. I have them working on all the maps..... The Long Island oob does not always work, but the other two seem to be ok.
Also working with other graphic and sound mods.
Last edited by Bodkin on Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi Bodkin and VW and every one else

The Long Island OOB will not yet work it was a work in progress which i forgot to delete. However I have it now complete and will upload it shortly.

remus

John VW
Does the game crash or just not show up on opening. In the past I found that there might be one too many folders in place.Check the AWI mod folder and compare it with the organization of another mod folder and see if that is different

remus
Last edited by remus on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: more info
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Thanks Martin for your input and comments much appreciated. Will check out the 'Corp Commander' issue

remus
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

As the d/l works I think it must be something with how Firefox works or a browser setting I have. I do not get a captcha option, the link takes me direct to a file download dialogue, which I accept and it is an empty file.

I will try to grab the mod via a friend who I know has successfully downloaded it. I really would like to try it out, it looks great.

Thanks Remus for all your hard work. The mid-18th century is my favourite era of western warfare.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Bodkin
Reactions:

Post by Bodkin »

Just a thank you to remus for producing this mod, one of my favourite periods. Been playing this week and had a couple of good games. One or two niggly little issues I had to change (ie; changed 42nd from a regular infantry regiment to a highland regiment (Black Watch)). But nothing that detracted from the game as a whole. I have messed around a little and created a couple of OOB's - Camden and Guilford Courthouse.
All in a great mod. Well done....