Gun Capture Removal

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: Gun Capture Removal

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Here's one that I just tested and it does work. In the divisions containing artillery brigades replace UGLB_FR_Art_Cdr_Brig with UGLB_FR_Cav_Cdr_Brig. As far as moving around the batteries, no issues, beyond that I haven't tested, even MyGui remains the same on the officer levels. From my SOW experiences, the art battery COs are stubborn to cooperate anyway, maybe with a cavalry leader they may actually behave better.
Unfortunately, they will use the cavalry AI instead of the arty. That may lead to some strange behavior. Still it is worth testing in a battle. Thanks for taking time to try to find a solution to circumvent this game mechanic.
Not to smash hopes, but if you could see the multi pages of requests for Patch 1...you'd understand.
An unfortunate sign that the game was released too soon.
Last edited by Marching Thru Georgia on Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

The log error (Unit Type differs from officer...) is benign, informative only. Give them 'Hold to the Last' orders and their guns will target on their own. Don't see why it shouldn't work.

Well, the KS gang won't need long to see if this musters up as I'm sure proper artillery behavior is deeply entrenched among most. :)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
alessillo
Reactions:

Post by alessillo »

I edited the OOB_Waterloo_Battle_AM changing all artillery commanders (UGLB_PR_Art_Cdr_Bty. UGLB_BR_Art_Cdr_Bty and UGLB_FR_Art_Cdr_Bty) with infantry commanders (UGLP_PR_Inf_Cdr_Brig, UGLB_BR_Inf_Cdr_Brig and UGLB_FR_Inf_Cdr_Brig) then I made some sandbox battles at army, corps and division level. The idea of RebBugler works, batteries surrender when charged, there is no gun capture and it seems that the behaviour of the batteries, even if commanded by an infantry officer, is the same.

Cheers
Last edited by alessillo on Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.