working on mods

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
alessillo
Reactions:

Re: working on mods

Post by alessillo »

working on the zulu, this is the first decent sprite

KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Those fellas should have led the charge on day 3.
DavidAcheson140PVI
Reactions:

Post by DavidAcheson140PVI »

looks amazing!
Virginians with me! Who will come with me?! - Lewis Armistead, July 3rd, 1863
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Looks really good. Did you figure out how to have them keep going when they charged the artillery? Looked like you were going to have to wait for an updated patch.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

really neat- what next
alessillo
Reactions:

Post by alessillo »

I made all animations for Zulu infantry, now I make british flags and officers. About the artillery problem, if it remains, I think that I'll make scenarios and OOBs without artillery units.

Cheers
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

I made all animations for Zulu infantry, now I make british flags and officers. About the artillery problem, if it remains, I think that I'll make scenarios and OOBs without artillery units.
As I recall they didn't have artillery at Rorkes drift. They apparently had two 7 pounders at Islandlawana, not that it did them much good. :(

I had a couple of other questions:

How are you going to remove the flags for the Zulus? I thought I just read in the SDK that you can't remove the flag bearers.

What scenarios are you going to include. I only know about the two mentioned above but I see on this site there were a few more.

http://www.britishbattles.com/

I'm really looking forward to this mod. It's a great subject. Plus I think it will be the first non Civil War mod as well.

The screenshots look great. Keep it up!
Last edited by born2see on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
bedbug
Reactions:

Post by bedbug »

Outstanding alessillo!
Keep it coming. ;)

Also an interesting OOB for the Zulu at Isandhlwana:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Zuluo ... tlebig.jpg
Last edited by bedbug on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

How are you going to remove the flags for the Zulus? I thought I just read in the SDK that you can't remove the flag bearers.
Keep the staff, remove the flag and replace it with an impaled British soldier's head on top...just a creepy thought. :evil:
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Keep the staff, remove the flag and replace it with an impaled British soldier's head on top...just a creepy thought.
THAT made me laugh out loud. :laugh: