What SoWGB needs for dynamic interesting multiplayer

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
UglyElmo
Reactions:

Re:What SoWGB needs for dynamic interesting multiplayer

Post by UglyElmo »

I always thought MP would be interesting if you were forced to use only half of your army to start, with a predetermined time for the rest of your army to arrive as reinforcements. Then at a certain point level (whether by holding VPs or killing/capturing/routing enemy units) your reinforcements would arrive. This way you are forced to engage the enemy and to maneuver for advantage instead of camping on a big hill or at the VP site. Of course, you would have to make killing/capturing/routing enemy units worth more than holding VPs to insure attacking was more valuable than camping on a VP, but I think it could work.

An interesting strategy could then develop for when your enemy camps on a VP. You might decide not to engage him at the VP, but instead send your forces to his reinforcement area and wait alongside a road to ambush the rest of his army when it begins arriving.
For any prior or future Ugly's out there, my contact info:
el-marko1@insightbb.com
Garnier
Reactions:

Re:What SoWGB needs for dynamic interesting multiplayer

Post by Garnier »

That would work in a similar way if you had timed reinforcements only for the defending side. This would give the attacker a reason to attack sooner rather than later.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign