Beta Patch for 1.4

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Re: Beta Patch for 1.4

Post by KG_Soldier »

Garnier solved the problem. All is well. Merry Christmas.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

I like the Sprite Ratio function. If its set to 0 does it use what ever the scenario is set to? It would be nice to have a seperate ratio setting for Sandbox on the Sandbox menu. This would allow OOBs that use large units like 2nd Manassas to be easily configured.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I like the Sprite Ratio function. If its set to 0 does it use what ever the scenario is set to? It would be nice to have a seperate ratio setting for Sandbox on the Sandbox menu. This would allow OOBs that use large units like 2nd Manassas to be easily configured.
Yes, a setting of 0 uses the default level of SR4 or whatever the scenario is using. I'm not sure why a separate option on Sandbox would be necessary because the Sprite ratio setting in the options affects Sandbox.
Last edited by Little Powell on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Little Powell – Hey, how is everything going!

Hey, can you advise on the best course of action here, did the latest patch correct all of the problems with Not Found and the MipMaps , or will another patch come along within the next few days.

There is no hurry here; I’m just trying to alleviate having to re-download multiple patches.

Thanks,

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

The installation went fine for me, and I didn't have to delete files to play. I agree with bafonetto that there does seem to be an improvement both in terms of fps and loading time. The only mod which doesn't seem to work is Jolly's trees mod.
Yeah, Jolly's Terrain mod, a must have. And yes, it must be restructured mod wise to work with 1.4. I've got it ready along with BloodBath III for the Antietam/patch release. I'll just release it in BloodBath if Jolly gives the Go Ahead.
Be my guest - I'd be more than happy to see this!

Thanks RB :)
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Little Powell – Hey, how is everything going!

Hey, can you advise on the best course of action here, did the latest patch correct all of the problems with Not Found and the MipMaps , or will another patch come along within the next few days.

There is no hurry here; I’m just trying to alleviate having to re-download multiple patches.

Thanks,

davinci
Going great my friend, thanks for asking. :)

Right now, my best guess is that the Not Found stuff is because of a mod doesn't get unloaded all the way. No one on the team has been able to re-create this, and we also play with mods most of the time, so that's the best explanation I have right now. Every report I have seen so far, the solution is to install the patch with mods disabled. If it comes back, disable/enable mods.

As far as the MipMaps, it's still a work in progress. This is another area where no one on the team is having an problems.. Setting the MipMaps on =1 for me produces beautiful results. Makes the sprites, flags everything clearer and no impact on FPS. But I do understand that a couple people are having issues, and Norb is still working on this.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Little Powell - Is it possible that the problems are related to the older mods using different csv files?

If everyone on the team are using mods with the newer csv files, and some of the community is using the older csv files, then no one on the team would have the same problems.

That's about the only conclusion that I can come up with by testing this problem.

davinci
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Any mods the testers use are the old ones. We haven't customized any mods to suit the new files.

Reb is working on converting a couple of them to work better with the textures etc., but that's a work in progress.
Last edited by Little Powell on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Southern Son - Good news; I can re-create your problem! I'm getting the exact same cav glitches. That should help us out a lot.
Last edited by Little Powell on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Little Powell - After more testing the problem file appears to be the mscreens file that is causing the Not Found error.

Also, the Napoleon Mod doesn't seem to be affected by this problem, and the mod doesn't use this file.

If a mod doesn't have a logistics folder in it, there does not appear to be a problem.

So, I removed all of the Logistics files, and then added them back into the game one at a time, testing the process each time, and the problem only shows when the mscreen file is added.

Can you test a mod that has this file in it?

davinci