Formations Mod

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
JamesLL
Reactions:

Re: Formations Mod

Post by JamesLL »

Thanks, I just figured it out. I`m getting some strange result with phantom battalions appearing when forming line formation & some not forming squares.
Hey if you get any strange stuff try moving the formation mod to the top of the mod list so its files get priority. It works for me and the grog toolbar is running ok too.
Last edited by JamesLL on Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Changed the mod download file name to avoid extraction problems.

First post now has edited download link.

Glad it is helping

:)
oho
Reactions:

Post by oho »

Hi Grog. Will try it asap. Can you change the speed oft Formations too perhaps? lines should be slower than column oft Division because its harder to keep them coherent. That would be great.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Oho - watch out for the KS Napoleon Mod which is being worked on now. It will be based on the vast amount of research and hard work put in to create the KS Napoleon mod for Gettysburg, but we've switched over to work on the new game as cavalry and squares behaviour was always a problem in the mod when it was built on the Gettysburg engine.

Formation move speeds will be reviewed as part of the mod, plus much else.

The mod also includes sprites for every major warring nation of the Napoleonic Wars. I think we lack Sweden, Denmark, Piedmont, Poles and some of the lesser German states but almost everything else is in there at least for the mid-period onwards. Early uniforms are still missing.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Holdit
Reactions:

Post by Holdit »

Oho - watch out for the KS Napoleon Mod which is being worked on now. It will be based on the vast amount of research and hard work put in to create the KS Napoleon mod for Gettysburg, but we've switched over to work on the new game as cavalry and squares behaviour was always a problem in the mod when it was built on the Gettysburg engine.

The mod also includes sprites for every major warring nation of the Napoleonic Wars. I think we lack Sweden, Denmark, Piedmont, Poles and some of the lesser German states but almost everything else is in there at least for the mid-period onwards. Early uniforms are still missing.
Sounds like an impressive piece of work. I'm looking forward to seeing this.
Volunteer
Reactions:

Post by Volunteer »

Sounds like an impressive piece of work. I'm looking forward to seeing this.
A beginner's questions: in multiplayer do all the players have to have the same mod installed? Is it easy to revert to the vanilla version?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

It depends on what a mod does. Simple ones like extra smoke, changes to vegetation colours, and other simple graphical alterations, etc are not critical. One player in MP can have them activated while another can have them switched off. These graphics changes only run within the players PC, and send no data over the MP network. Any mod that changes one of the core data files of the game such as a .csv file will need to be used by all players in MP.

Mods all go in a folder called "Mods" and you just activate them in the game's modifications screen which toggles them on or off so its fine to install dozens of mods and just activate/deactivate the ones you want to use for any particular MP session.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
oho
Reactions:

Post by oho »

Grop: thanks for this mod.
Saddletank: Do you mod the ai too so that it uses column by division as defaault movement and not line. And can it be modded so that the units can shoot in this formation rather than transforming into line.
oho
Reactions:

Post by oho »

grog: I didn't see english units using other formation than line in the approach..
I put the mod in the first row and clicked it on.
I tried french corps waterloo scenario. Can you check if you have columns in the british formations.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Do you mod the ai too so that it uses column by division as defaault movement and not line. And can it be modded so that the units can shoot in this formation rather than transforming into line.
Of course. ;)
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.