Custers Last Stand

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Re: Custers Last Stand

Post by JohnVW »

where can I find this??!! can't wait to try it...I couldn't find it in the "released mods" section anywhere? thanks, john

(been waiting a long time for any American west MOD)
Last edited by JohnVW on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Its a work in progress and not finished yet, the above battle was just a test of it really. If you enjoy MP co-op games I am sure Martin J would be happy for you to join us for the next MP test (the mod has already been improved since the above screenies were taken).
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

hi saddle...would the "test" be using this MOD? please message any info you can, or simply email me at: vwagoner1@aol.com ...thanks...
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Thanks for puffing the mod Saddletank :)

Hi John. Pleased that you're so keen.

I'll email you a link to the latest version. You can play it SP, and there is some guidance on how to do that in the mod, but it's really designed for MP. That's not as hard as it sounds, as you're playing the AI and so only need to staff-up one side. With just 3 players you could play Custer, Reno and Benteen for example.

It's designed to be played with HITS and couriers btw. I test it with the KS group here http://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/

It's currently in the queue behind another project, but we'll probably do another test game in 2 or 3 weeks.

Martin (J)
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

hi martin...your "info" indicates that "CouriersAnd Maps" is also needed...is v1.610 the newest one (and the right one? only asking because it's about 4+ yrs old, but is the only version I have)? and, would I activate C&M small/large depending on the size of the map i'm playing on? thanks...
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Btw - I'm sure there were some wigwam type tents in the chickamauga or other mod for tcm2. Should be a quick conversion to sow for map purposes.
Last edited by Crikey on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Hi John

Yes 1.61 is the latest, although I believe MTG is going to put another (expanded) version out fairly soon.

The 'large' and 'small' relates to your maximum vertical screen resolution, and not to the map size. Provided your screen resolution is at least 1032, use the large version. Otherwise use the small one.

Hope that helps, and good luck in the wilds of Montana!

Martin (J)
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Btw - I'm sure there were some wigwam type tents in the chickamauga or other mod for tcm2. Should be a quick conversion to sow for map purposes.
That's good to know, Crikey. Many thanks! Any idea how to track the little blighters down? Although I bought TCM2, I never really got into it.

Martin (J)
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

I'll do a search of my old files and let you know in a few days. B)
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

hi martin...I could mail you a copy of my TCM2 if it would help...if so, email me your address (and I believe I need your phone # for international shipping)...