Supply Wagons

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Re: Supply Wagons

Post by JC Edwards »

Circle them! :laugh:

Sarge
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

The more you play, the better you get, but those damn supply wagons don't stand still.....Would be nice if any supply wagon could supply any division. Also, when my horse soldiers riders overpower a supply wagaon they can only resupply other horse soldiers, they should be able to supply all troops.

Great game, too bad it's spring!!!!!
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

The more you play, the better you get, but those damn supply wagons don't stand still.....
They will stay at any position that you place them as long as you have the Take Command enabled.
Would be nice if any supply wagon could supply any division. Also, when my horse soldiers riders overpower a supply wagaon they can only resupply other horse soldiers, they should be able to supply all troops.
Any of the Supply Wagons that you 'control \ have' can resupply any of your soldiers.

If the Supply-Wagon is not from that particular corps, you can manually guide the regiment to that wagon, and as long as the flags are within reaching-distance that unit will resupply.

To put that another way, the regiments flag must be very close to the supply wagons flag. It doesn't matter if the supply wagon is in another corps.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Davinci,

I don't see that happening. The unit (let's say 2nd Div) goes right on by the supply wagon (3rd Div) and trys to find the supply wagon for the 2nd Div. I just watched it several times. I even aligned the flags up together. I must be missing something.

the reb....
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

the reb - Correct, the unit from 2nd Division will bypass a Supply Wagon from the other Division.

But , if you do not click the resupply and manually place the regiment where both flags meet, the unit will resupply.

Also, it takes roughly 30 seconds of game time, and the unit has to be at a complete stop.

But, it works, I do it every game.

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
2ndAcr
Reactions:

Post by 2ndAcr »

I also TC supply wagons and place them behind my lines in a area I feel will need to be supplied. And any supply wagon on your side can re-supply your troops.

I have seen wandering supply wagons from another corps moving down roads right behind my troops and reloading them as it goes it's merry way chasing it's div commander as he runs around hither and yon.

Just march your unit real close to the wagon and let them sit a few seconds, in about 10 seconds or so, the ammo count will adjust to full. If you click the re-supply button, your regiments will march to hell and back to find THEIR ammo wagon, even marching past another one. I manually control resupply missions.

In heavy combat where I have a decent line formed, I will manually drive my ammo wagon slowly down the line and reload my guys while on the firing line.
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Thanks for all replies. I do have success with supply wagons when the supply wagon matches the Corp/Div,that seems to come automatically, I understand all that. And,yes,once in a while probably sucess otherwise, but I don't like taking the 30 seconds (that's valuable time) to align the moon and the sun using another supply wagons, this way, it doesn't come automatically which maybe that's what I'm getting at....

It's still an excellant game......
the reb
2ndAcr
Reactions:

Post by 2ndAcr »

Even 30 seconds is way faster than real time. Even today, yes we can throw a 1000 round box of 5.56mm off a truck but it takes some time to load up those magazines.

Reloading a full regiment would take way longer than 30 seconds back then. Only so many hands can reach into a crate for ammo at one time.

Main thing to do is if playing co-op, make sure everyone on your side TC's their ammo wagons. That way they sit pretty still. If playing solo but as a Corps commander, TC all your ammo wagons so you can control their movement yourself.
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Is there criteria when units will not resupply? Like they already have ample supplys?

the reb....
2ndAcr
Reactions:

Post by 2ndAcr »

Far as I know, being fully stocked is the only thing I have seen.

I tend to have a ammo wagon "chained" to my sharps rifles when I have them and they stay fully stocked even while shooting.