Antietam Press Release

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
bafonetto
Reactions:

Re: Antietam Press Release

Post by bafonetto »

comes, it comes. :lol:
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Born2See Wrote:
This is more of a historical simulation than it is a game. Obviously you have control over your units but if you don't play it historically, you're probably not going to win.
No hope for me then.

Is this a standalone edition?
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Michael Slaunwhite wrote:

No it will be a Battle Pack like Pipe Creek but larger.

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

No it will be a Battle Pack like Pipe Creek but larger.

B
Okay, I misunderstood the meaning of the term "Next Edition", so it's only an addon then. :)

Thank You.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Okay, this bites. I can't get the bloody article to screen up. Anything new here I can't figure out?

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

For me it gets hung up on when it's trying to load Zulu.tweetme.com.

Here...

Freehold, NJ Antietam Battle Pack for Scourge of War – Gettysburg. Now in final testing, Antietam is scheduled for release late in 2011.

Antietam is the second expansion pack for Scourge of War – Gettysburg. Featuring the battles of Antietam and South Mountain, Antietam will include

26 new single player and 2 multi-player historical scenarios. Played on four new meticulously researched and accurate maps, Antietam promises to deliver the ultimate Civil War playing experience for casual and hard core gamers alike.

The Battle of Antietam or Battle of Sharpsburg was fought on September 17th, 1862 along the Antietam Creek, near the small farming community of Sharpsburg, Maryland. The battle was part of General Robert E. Lee’s Maryland Campaign and was the first major battle to take place in Union territory. It was the bloodiest single day in American history, with around 23,000 casualties.

Shortly after Lee launched his Maryland campaign, McClellan’s Army of The Potomac cautiously pursued him. When the McClellan’s Army was encamped in Frederick MD on Sept. 13th, Union soldiers discovered order 191, a detailed campaign plan outlining the movements of Lee’s forces. This document held the key to completely destroy Lee’s Army of Northern Virginia, yet the timid McClellan acted slowly and did not fully take advantage of it.

However on Sept 14th, he did manage to surprise a portion of Lee’s army guarding the South Mountain gaps, where he achieved a decisive victory. McClellan did not capitalize on his success and instead of pursuing Lee’s forces over the mountain; he halted allowing Lee’s army to consolidate on the high ground west of the Antietam creek.

This set the stage for the largest battle of the Civil War up to that point. Again, McClellan acted timidly and stalled for nearly two days, which gave Lee’s army valuable time to re-enforce his lines. Jackson’s force had captured Harpers Ferry on Sept. 15th and portions of it were still making its way to Sharpsburg. By the morning Sept 17th, all of Lee’s divisions were setup on good defensive ground near Sharpsburg, minus A.P. Hill’s division who had been left to parole the Union prisoners at Harpers Ferry. He would arrive later that afternoon just in time to provide a crushing flank attack on the Union left, which would end The Battle of Antietam resulting in a stalemate.

Scourge of War – Gettysburg is the definitive digital experience of the Battle of Gettysburg. Critically acclaimed for its historic accuracy and precise detail, this real-time 3D, multiplayer game offers the ultimate battlefield challenge – putting you in command of Union or Confederate troops in all stages of this epic Civil War turning point. Players are able to test themselves against the award winning AI, while navigating each day’s exact Order of Battle built by expert NorbSoftDev historians. One of the best strategic and tactical internet war games available, Scourge of War – Gettysburg is the first in a series of interactive Civil War simulations from NorbSoftDev.

NorbSoftDev (NSD) is an independent game company made up of leading game developers who are also Civil War historical experts. From its 2006 beginnings with the acclaimed Take Command series to today’s state of the art Scourge of War, NSD brings the 19th century combat engine to life for Civil War enthusiasts, historians and gamers looking to experience strategic and tactical battlefield challenges in vivid, accurate detail. More information about NSD is available at http://www.norbsoftdev.com
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

For me it gets hung up on when it's trying to load Zulu.tweetme.com.

???????? :huh:
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Yeah I know, it is the only page/website that has this happening. I have checked out my system for anything that would be classified as malicious in anyway, and everything is clean on my end. I have visited over 70 other websites, and nothing like this happens except for that article...

Now it is getting hung up on plusone.google.com.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norb
Reactions:

Antietam Press Release

Post by norb »

I was trying to get some social sharing links in there, hoping that if it gets around we'll get some extra coverage. I've removed the buttons that seem to cause issues. Please try again.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Any idea when you might release the change log?

Also, I best get this question out of the way now. Does this addon, or Battle pack require the previous addon to be installed (I have seen this before which is why I am asking)?

Reason for asking for the change log is so I can place it up on my website for advertising.

Later.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.