Scenario 7 On To The Round Tops (Div)

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
born2see
Reactions:

Re: Scenario 7 On To The Round Tops (Div)

Post by born2see »

Got it! :woohoo:

On to the next almost impossible to win scenario. Thanks heaven for the Save command. :P
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Got it! :woohoo:

On to the next almost impossible to win scenario. Thanks heaven for the Save command. :P
Congrats, glad you nabbed it. One things for sure about Mark's scenarios; they are incredibly historically accurate.. Right down to this regiment moved here, this regiment moved there etc..
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Little Powell wrote:
One things for sure about Mark's scenarios; they are incredibly historically accurate.. Right down to this regiment moved here, this regiment moved there etc..
I tried my darndest to get Phil Laino's book, even contacting all the bookstores he recommended and the publisher (they were the worst). I finally ordered Gottfried's book which should be here today. I'm looking forward to having it handy as I go thru these scenarios.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Little Powell wrote:
One things for sure about Mark's scenarios; they are incredibly historically accurate.. Right down to this regiment moved here, this regiment moved there etc..
I tried my darndest to get Phil Laino's book, even contacting all the bookstores he recommended and the publisher (they were the worst). I finally ordered Gottfried's book which should be here today. I'm looking forward to having it handy as I go thru these scenarios.
Yeah I believe Mark used Gottfrieds book. I used the Atlas for the Cavalry Field Scenarios, as well as my other historic scenarios. Gottfried's books is great too though.. It is color which the atlas is not (only thing I don't like about it).
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

Hi, why are there more Union 12 scenerios than CSA 8- unfair - need more CSA :whistle:
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hi, why are there more Union 12 scenerios than CSA 8- unfair - need more CSA :whistle:
Fear not, LP and I are evening the odds. ;) :)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Ha I made that same observation when we first started testing the scenarios. The current scenarios were chosen for gameplay reasons (which battles and side you control that make for the more interesting scenario). Also for example, the GB07 (Round Tops) is essentially two Union scenarios wrapped up in one CSA scenario. On the Union side you have GB08 (Devils Den) and GB10 (End of the Line).

Plus many of the Union scenarios that aren't avail for the CSA side are covered in mods (See Cemetery Hill/Culps Hill, Bonus Scenarios, etc.)

And what Reb said. :)
Last edited by Little Powell on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.