Beta Patch with MP

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Roberts
Reactions:

Re:Beta Patch with MP

Post by Roberts »

no saved game on that one, save game option set on 30 min. sorry, will reset it to 1 min.
Shirkon
Reactions:

Post by Shirkon »

Roberts wrote:
no saved game on that one, save game option set on 30 min. sorry, will reset it to 1 min.
You will probably find that a save every 1 minute is way too often. A save every 10 to 15 minutes would be fine.
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

Sherman, December 1863, remark to a Tennessee woman.
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

1 hour patched MP game last night with 2 others in Div v Div game. no crash. On the other hand, the fout previous MP battles without the patch, once we all made it to the battlefield, didn't crash.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Autosave does not work in MP, I didn't want to mess up any games by having it run.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I do not understand the connection issues. We did see some of these during our testing, but rarely. The man behind RakNet has put in some new logging for us and when I get a chance I'll run with his logging turned on and he'll help us track these down. I love good customer support! I wish that everyone could host, but it's rarely the case.
ETF
Reactions:

Post by ETF »

We have had one good 2 hour game. 4 players with a LAN no problems what-so-ever with the BP.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Just want to report we (Armchair Generals group) played a full game yesterday with 14 players and no problems. It lasted 70 minutes and ended by surrender.

We'll see what happens in the future, we can't be sure what made it 'just work' that time.
Last edited by Garnier on Sun May 09, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Garnier wrote:
Just want to report we (Armchair Generals group) played a full game yesterday with 14 players and no problems. It lasted 70 minutes and ended by surrender.

We'll see what happens in the future, we can't be sure what made it 'just work' that time.
Wow, 14 players. Excellent news Garnier. Thanks for the report.