Portraits...

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
the reb
Reactions:

Portraits...

Post by the reb »

I think I'm getting close in understanding how to apply the proper portrait to an OOB. I did refer to SDK which sort of confirmed my thinking. I'm trying to apply the correct portrait to a Shiloh OOB. I've spent a lot of time on this with no results except less hair but further gaining knowledge of how the files work together. Example: Bragg Portrait from Chickamauga cannot be applied to Bragg from Shiloh....Army Commander to Corp Commander. Is my understanding correct?

Anyways to simplify for now...
*Is there a Shiloh OOB with correct portraits? If not, do I need the Picture Program to create one? If so...where do I get that?

To be continued I'm sure. Great game isn't it?

thanks,
the reb
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Portraits...

Post by RebBugler »

You'll need the Graphics/Toolbar/CS_Portraits_LVL3.dds file with Bragg added to get your Shiloh OOB mod to work. My TC2M Shiloh mod died over a decade ago along with that computer so I'm of little help with furthering your quest. Good Luck...
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Thank you sir...Making great progress understanding related file management.

Questions....
What is purpose of "gui" file in Logistics Folder?
What is relevance of LVL 6 within the gui file?
Why is there no LVL 2 in Portraits?

thanks again,
the reb
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

gui - Graphical User Interface -- Toolbar
Lvl6 - lowest echelon (rank) -- Regiment, or for SR1 play - Company or Battalion
Lvl2 - Wing Commander
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Ok...I'm up and running with Portraits and Flags applied to a Shiloh OOB and into a Working Mod. I basically made another Mod which combined only Flag and Portrait Files to suit my application. I used some "Complete Portraits" Files and apply them to all LVL's...made life easy for me. I don't have all the Union Portraits but I can live with that...

Please take care and thanks for what you do for the few of us that still play SOW....
the reb