Chickamauga

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Chickamauga

Post by RebBugler »

I found a later version of the SDK after I posted this one here. You'll find it on norb's thread at the top of the Modifications section:
SDK Ver 1.6 Beta
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
SeriouslyAStoneWall
Reactions:

Post by SeriouslyAStoneWall »

Hey Reb,

I have been having a blast with the carryover scenarios, however when I try to play the 3-day 10.5 hour scenario the game consistently crashed at 8:18:59 every time (just before 8:19:00). I thought I would give it a shot at debugging this, plus its a good educational experience to look at how this works, so I started to investigate the battlescript.csv for the scenario. After systematically deleting one command line and seeing its effect after another (this is rather time consuming because I found that restarting at a save does not update the modifications I made to the battlescript, so everytime I deleted a line that had a command for 8:19:00 I had to wait 10 minutes to see if the scenario would crash) I found that the command that seemed like it was causing a crash was the:

loadscreen:Fbox:Nightfall

command.

Do you know why this might be occurring? Have you experienced this before?

Many thanks for any help provided.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

SeriouslyAStoneWall,

Man, can't believe you went through all that time and effort, but on the upside, you nailed the issue. Next time you crash using a mod, post your 'SOWGB/Work/sowgb.log' file on the thread hosting the mod. Usually someone or the mod's author can help interpret the log and find the issue.

The issue that caused your crash was mine because I built the mod using the B&F mod and forgot to move one of the graphics necessary for Chickamauga from B&F. If you had been using B&F along with Chickamauga the crash wouldn't have happened, that's obviously why this issue wasn't reported before, because most folks used both mods together. And the one's that didn't, didn't get to those three day scenarios which call the missing graphic.

Anyway, I'll get Chickamauga updated soon with that added graphic. In the meantime, here's the missing graphic. Unzip and copy it into the 'Chickamauga/Graphics/Screens' folder:
POPUP_Background_5.zip
(57.16 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Or, use the B&F mod with Chickamauga, link below in my signature
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
SeriouslyAStoneWall
Reactions:

Post by SeriouslyAStoneWall »

RebBugler wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:15 am SeriouslyAStoneWall,

Man, can't believe you went through all that time and effort, but on the upside, you nailed the issue. Next time you crash using a mod, post your 'SOWGB/Work/sowgb.log' file on the thread hosting the mod. Usually someone or the mod's author can help interpret the log and find the issue.

The issue that caused your crash was mine because I built the mod using the B&F mod and forgot to move one of the graphics necessary for Chickamauga from B&F. If you had been using B&F along with Chickamauga the crash wouldn't have happened, that's obviously why this issue wasn't reported before, because most folks used both mods together. And the one's that didn't, didn't get to those three day scenarios which call the missing graphic.

Anyway, I'll get Chickamauga updated soon with that added graphic. In the meantime, here's the missing graphic. Unzip and copy it into the 'Chickamauga/Graphics/Screens' folder:

POPUP_Background_5.zip

Or, use the B&F mod with Chickamauga, link below in my signature

Thanks for the help with this one. Yes it was time from life I will not be getting a refund on unfortunately, but at least I learned what the problem is and now I know what the solution is. That is good enough for me. I should definitely start using the B&F mod as it too is very nice.