Site Migration

Got problems with the site. An idea on how to make it better. This is the place to discuss it.
norb
Reactions:

Site Migration

Post by norb »

I wrote a script to move and rename the attachments for phpBB to find. I finally got the copy working well. I am sure that not everything went perfectly, but hopefully the vast majority worked.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Site Migration

Post by RebBugler »

Norb

I've searched quite a bit and out of dozens I've only found three attachment files that work. They are zipped mods made available for download. I found no image attachments that work, all were attached via the last website's attachment function. All are Jpeg if that helps. Strange, but before you did this migration, two of those three zipped mods worked correctly and I was able to download them. I might have missed testing that third zipped mod the first time around, for what it's worth.

Thanks so much for trying to solve this. Everything else I've checked out with this website seems to be working well. Just a matter of relearning stuff, it's pretty user friendly. Did find one glitch, a post that wouldn't edit, I'll bring it up later if still unresolved.

Randy
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Can you send me some links please so I can take a look at why those are not showing up.

There were around 4800 attachments. The migration brought in 4100, the rest failed for an unknown reason. Then I did my fix today and that failed on about 50. The remaining should be there, but I can recover the files of any that are very important and still missing.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Got most of these fixed now, check the link in the next post, I can't find those attachments to make the fixes...Thanks

To find lots of attachments that aren't working go to Modifications/'True Ground SR1' - Scenarios & OOBs, seventh topic down. On the first post go down to the 74 scenarios listed. At the end of each scenario listed is an 'Info' link. Click the link to go to the scenario's description. Most descriptions contain at least two screenshot attachments.

Missing attachments are replaced by a message:
"The attachment GB1_12btn Reclaiming the Heights3.jpg (name of the screenshot) is no longer available".
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »