Re: A New Ground: A New Bug

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Gerry
Reactions:

A New Ground: A New Bug

Post by Gerry »

After a three month hiatus, in which I installed a new graphics card, 1660Ti, I went to finish recording my playthrough of A New Ground with Bugles and Flags mod. It keeps crashing when I give road orders to arty.

Where are the crashlogs located? I looked in work but the only log ends when the game is initialized.
I am recording using W10 DVR.

RebBugler, I have 15k points in the middle of day 2. I want to beat your score. Then I want to post the whole thing on YouTube. I need your help!
o/
Gerry
Reactions:

Post by Gerry »

I found the crashlog, which seems to contain no useful data. I attach it
o/
Gerry
Reactions:

Post by Gerry »

[attachment:1]C:\fakepath\Lastest SOWG Crash.wer[/attachment]
o/
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

You don't need the log file to report this issue, it's already been identified. Here's the fix: http://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php/ku ... =510#78444

Hopefully this will get you going. Looking forward to your 'setting a new bar' presentation.
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Gerry
Reactions:

Post by Gerry »

Now it's 2020, using XIX B and F, and I can't get the game to run without crashing. Compatibility issue is the solution W8, W7, help!
o/
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hey Gerry

Doubt if you're experiencing compatibility issues, they don't cause crashes, they just mess up text in all the windows.

Mod conflicts are the most common causes of crashes. Since you're playing the 'True Ground' series with B&F, try disabling all other mods but the two 'True Ground' mods along with B&F. Prioritize them in Modifications like this:

Bugles & Flags XIX
'True Ground' - Devil's Den Map - The Big Picture
True Ground SR1

Good Luck, Hope this helps
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...