Powerlobby account creation

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
Coolmoon25
Reactions:

Post by Coolmoon25 »

Hello readers. I am having an issue creating a multiplayer account for SOW:W. I enter all info and when i click on the create account button nothing happens. Im hoping that i can get an answer here. Please and thank you.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hopefully someone that understands the account setup process will help out with your issue. I suggest you also post this message in the WL MP section of the Index.

I haven't played an MP game in years, but at that time I recall bypassing the account method and everyone entered via the host's IP. The details are hazy, but I think it's as simple as the host enters the lobby (selects 'Host') first using their IP, and then everyone participating follow by entering the host's IP, after which they also enter the lobby (select 'Enter Lobby'). Apologies if this message proves inaccurate, it's at least a path to MP play to try until you get a qualified answer from an MP veteran, of which there are many.
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Close but not quite right. The Power Lobby has been down for years. Anyway, it was too unstable to ever use.
For everyone.
1. Enter a Player Name and Account Name. They can be the same. No password.
For Players.
2. Enter the game Host's IP address. He has to give you this. Enter 31791 into the Server Port. We've found this is necessary for a few players.
3. Press the Join button once the host is in the staging room.
For the host.
1.Open UDP port 31791 in your router. See your router instructions for the procedure. This only has to be done once.
2. On the MP screen enter your IP address and Server Port number, 31791. This only has to be done once.
3. Press the Host button.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.