Playing game on laptop with integrated graphic card?

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
Grog
Reactions:

Playing game on laptop with integrated graphic card?

Post by Grog »

Hi Guys

Got a friend thinking of purchasing SOW Waterloo for his laptop.
Not sure his specs but anyone manage to get it to play on their own laptop at decent graphics settings?

Would appreciate advice here with specs and settings used, if poss.

Also, in case anyone doesn't know, there's a sale on at Matrix and Steam with 61% reduction on Base game, expansions and Collectors Edition

Cheers

Grog
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: Playing game on laptop with integrated graphic card?

Post by DarkRob »

Hi Guys

Got a friend thinking of purchasing SOW Waterloo for his laptop.
Not sure his specs but anyone manage to get it to play on their own laptop at decent graphics settings?

Would appreciate advice here with specs and settings used, if poss.

Also, in case anyone doesn't know, there's a sale on at Matrix and Steam with 61% reduction on Base game, expansions and Collectors Edition

Cheers

Grog
I once tried to get it to run on my run of the mill Dell laptop that I just use for posting on forums and watching youtube videos. No dice. The game requires to much processing power for a regular laptop. A dedicated gaming laptop like even an average Alienware would probably handle it no problem.
Last edited by DarkRob on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

plays very well on my Dell XPS 15 laptop. This game will require a discrete video card/chip to work on a laptop.

cheers
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Thanks fellas

Looks like he's gonna give it a try.

His system might hold but I'm not sure his nerve will when I take him into battle MP HITS mode Co-op versus Boney. I'll go easy on him and give him a Guards brigade
RALB
Reactions:

Post by RALB »

Plays extremely well on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 gaming Laptop

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 Quad core, 2500 mhz boosts to 3400 Mhz
Graphics card: AMD Rx560 x Discrete card for gaming and AMD Vega 8 Dedicated card for routine tasks
RAM: 16gb

Basically any Laptop that has a single inbuilt dedicated Graphics card will struggle. My rig has 2 Cards, a Dedicated AMD Vega 8 for routine tasks and a Discrete AMD Rx560 x just for gaming. It's called Dual Switchable Graphics and this is the path most gaming Laptops have taken, even at the budget end.

General tips: Always charge the battery to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming, modern batteries are not damaged by keeping plugged in and High Performance can only be achieved in this manner. Make sure your Windows Power plan in Settings/Power/Advanced Power Options, is set to High Performance when on AC

If I can be of any help in setting up the GPU please let me know, this is my field.
Last edited by RALB on Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Thanks AJ

He got the game and he says it runs fine. He has however come against the lasting issue of the game auto patch function not patching properly. Shame this issue still persists. I've downloaded the patches separately for him. Hopefully, that will do it.

Nice to see you are still keeping the NBC flame burning
RALB
Reactions:

Post by RALB »

Good to see your still active too mate just like old times. this game is everything Histwar promised to be and I love it. keep on the good work