It's time to tell us what's going on Norbsoft.

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
radioman
Reactions:

Re: It's time to tell us what's going on Norbsoft.

Post by radioman »

A new game set in a modern era with Norbsoft's attention to accuracy would be an exciting venture.
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

It's certainly a gargantuan undertaking. I remember first finding this project nearly 20 yrs ago when the 1st Bull Run was still in development. Sid Meyers Gettysburg had run its course, and I searched for a more immersive experience. This simulation (hard to call it a game} fit the bill with near perfection.
But,the amount to time it takes to present high quality products such as these is extremely high. But, I'd rather have a more honed project than one that is glitchy and slapdash. We need to be patient.

Nevertheless, with that said, my whiskers aren't getting any less gray. B)

Cheer all! Looking forward to experiencing what you have in store.

Best,
GK
Last edited by garyknowz on Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
Chichetr
Reactions:

Post by Chichetr »

So, it's been over a year..............any word at all about this new project?
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

I'm interested too.

I moved away from this game a few years ago because I couldn't deal with the cartoony, herky jerky soldier movements. And for a long time the horses looked like they were created by someone who couldn't graduate from kindergarten art school because of an acid addiction. But the horse artist has grown up a bit.

In spite of these feelings I just came back to this forum today because I can't find anything comparable.

I've been on the verge of buying Ultimate General or even Napoleon Total War with a recent ACW mod.

But the AI is kind of brainless in both.

With your new game, rather than being able to zoom in and out, resulting in the cartoon character soldiers, you could structure it so that there is a level of graphics generalization depending on the command level of the officer you select. Regimental commanders could have detailed graphics (and soldiers) like total war or mount & blade, while army generals could have more of a traditional map graphics.

Regardless, its been a year and a half since you floated this new game development, and I've got money to put down.

I hope its not about killing zombies. Please, not zombies.