Thumbs up

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
52ndOx
Reactions:

Thumbs up

Post by 52ndOx »

Hello

I am an old Napoleonic wargamer, where my main focus has been the Peninsular War.
I am new to SOW having previously associated it with ACW where I have no real interest, but recently discovered the Waterloo version on Steam.

It is clear that the series is at, or very near, the end of its development cycle. The engine is old tech with virtually no support for modern GPUs, and the community activity is not at a high level.

Regardless, I would like to congratulate the developers on the product.
I love the scale and feel of the battles, the choice of hands-on or chain-of-command control, the historical accuracy, the replay value, and the support for 3rd party modding.

I have really enjoyed my use of the software so far, and expect to continue to do so for some time yet.

Thanks for a product which, despite high drain on CPU resources and a few niggles, is in general very well produced.

Thumbs up!
Grog
Reactions:

Re: Thumbs up

Post by Grog »

Hi 52ndOx

If you like the Peninsular Theatre, you might want to give the KS Mod a try, some time. There are several Maps on there which Pass very well for Spain/Portugal. OOBs also include Portuguese Units and Spanish army.
52ndOx
Reactions:

Re: Thumbs up

Post by 52ndOx »

Thanks Grog.

Yes, I already downloaded the KS mod, and checked it works on my installation.
Haven't played a scenario yet though.

It looked like there was only one British scenario in Iberia?

I haven't had much joy with sandbox battles, they never seem to work properly.

A Peninsular War expansion to SOW with historical maps and correct OOBs, so we could fight Corunna, Vimeiro, Salamanca and Vitorio (for example) would have been extremely cool. (I know nothing like that is happening)