Formations

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
tonyscrase
Reactions:

Formations

Post by tonyscrase »

Bought the game a while ago and just playing it now. I think I have downloaded the latest toolbar

1) It seems that whatever formation I start in my troops always go into column formation to move which is fine a lot of the time but is it possible to advance them in line formation

2) On the toolbar I seem to have lots of formation possibilities but when I select a destination and the context menu comes up I only have about 3 formations to choose from is this right

THANK YOU
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: Formations

Post by DarkRob »

Bought the game a while ago and just playing it now. I think I have downloaded the latest toolbar

1) It seems that whatever formation I start in my troops always go into column formation to move which is fine a lot of the time but is it possible to advance them in line formation

2) On the toolbar I seem to have lots of formation possibilities but when I select a destination and the context menu comes up I only have about 3 formations to choose from is this right

THANK YOU
I assume since you mention downloading the newest toolbar that you are using the Grog toolbar. If so you should disable the context menu in "options" and just use the formations on the toolbar itself.

One of these formations is called "Line hold form"(short for Line hold formation) If you select a destination for a unit, or brigade, and then select this formation, the units will move while staying in line formation.

For most other movements the Grog toolbar will default to column by division as this solved alot of the old conga line problems back in the civil war games.
tonyscrase
Reactions:

Re: Formations

Post by tonyscrase »

Thats Great Thank You